muscle to fat!?

Options
starting to re-think my goals. no way do i want to be 115!. im very happy with my shape/frame now. if i didnt sit, walk, or move at ALL [maybe a few sizes smaller] but now im completely **duuhhhhh** on what to do?!. i want to turn my fat into muscle but is counting cals nd cardio going to do tht!?.

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    A million people are about to tell you that you can't turn fat into muscle.

To answer your question, though, cardio is great and clean eating is great if your goal is to change your body composition and not necessarily lose weight. I would also add in strength training. You may gain pounds from adding the muscle, but your body will get tighter and smaller.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    muscle to fat!?. yeaaa another DUH moment. hahaa. i meant fat to muscle. :)
  • samantharae121205
    Options

well tht sux but im fine with tht. lol. hopefully someone will have some good advice for me then.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    You need to strength train to build muscle and keep up with the cardio to lose fat.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    You can't turn fat into muscle, but as you build more muscle the muscle will help burn more of fat.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Search circuit training on youtube. These exercises will get you the results you want. You will shrink the fat while gaining lean muscle.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention how much cardio you do, but I'm guessing quite a bit. I believe you are now at the stage called "skinny fat", you are thin, but you don't have any muscle definition. If you want to build strength and definition, you need to cut out the cardio and switch to strength training. You will want to change your diet some as you need to increase your calories and proteins so that your muscles can grow. This is the workout that I am doing now to gain strength:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

You obviously would plateau your weights sooner than these guys do, but lifting heavy is the fastest way to gain strength and definition.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

well tht sux but im fine with tht. lol. hopefully someone will have some good advice for me then.

Don't get discouraged, they just mean you can't LITERALLY turn fat into muscle. A fat cell is a fat cell, it doesn't turn into muscle, it just shrinks. And then you want to build a bit of muscle in order to be more fit and toned.

Now, to answer your question, cardio is great for burning calories but a bit of resistance/weight training or circuit training is grea to mix in to help build that muscle and burn even more calories.
  • harmonydubois
    Options
    Try Chalean Extreme or P90X...either way, do what works for you