• sociable15
    Options
    Also a recipe i got through a harvest eating email:

Chicken and asparagus stir fry
    2 tsp reduced-sodium Kikkoman soy sauce
    1 tsp. honey
    2 tsp. seasame oil
    1 large bunch of asparagus (1 3/4 lbs) trimmed and cut into 1 in. pieces
    1 clove of garlic, minced (or tsp. of bottled minced garlic)
    2 1/2 c. of cooked chicken breast (I just pan browned it prior to starting and it was good)
    1 tsp. seasame seads (optional)

Combine soy sauce and honey in small bowl and set aside
    Heat oil in large skillet/wok over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and garlic. Cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
    Toss in chicken adn soy sauce-honey mixture and heat thoroughly. Remove from pan with tongs
    Serve over brown rice or whole wheat couscous.
    Sprinkle with seasame seeds if desired.

Stir fry only: 180 cal. 8 g. protein, 7 g. carbs, 5 g. fat, 1 g. saturated fat, 65 mg. cholestorol, 2 g. fiber, 160 mg. sodium.
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I love chicken and my family's favorite is when I make Cola Chicken... It can be made in either a crook pot or you can simmer it on the stove in a large pot. It's very simple and yet very tasty

1 12oz can of Diet Coke(pepsi doesn't taste right)
    4 chicken breast
    1 cup of low sodium Ketchup
    add all ingredients together in pot and bring to boil reduce heat and let simmer stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through..

Sorry I've never made it on the stove top so not sure how long it will take I usually make it in the crockpot and let simmer all day from noon to five.
    Also I like to serve it over some whole grain brown rice and asparugas tips YUM!!!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My favoriteeeeeee is curry brown sugar chicken!

Pat chicken dry

Season breast with salt/pepper or Nature's Seasoning on both sides. Sometimes I add a lil garlic powder too.

Season (I cover it heavily!) with curry powder both sides

Cover/press/pack on light brown sugar on both sides

Place in lightly greased baking dish/pan

Bake in oven :) I usually put it at around 400 degrees for 20 mins or so. Until the internal temp is 165 degrees.

ENJOY! :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Or Honey Chicken

Season breast with Nature's Seasoning

Place in small pan (I use a small frying pan that is oven safe)

Cover in honey

Bake in oven at 400 degrees, turning halfway.

About 20 minutes or so until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees).

ENJOY :)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your great ideas! I am going to try it out tomorrow night. YUM
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Last week I discovered that by slicing it, then frying it with some salsa and greek yogurt, it stays moist and it taste great and creamy without all the fat from a regular creamy sauce.
  • TeraMarieD
    Options
    I make spicy chicken soft tacos. They can be low calorie and healthy just watch the cheese! lol

To make the chicken filling:
    (this makes enough for three tacos for two people)

10 oz. of boneless, skinless chicken
    1/2 onion
    1 tbs butter (I use country crock with calcium)
    1/2 c. enchilada sauce (I use red sauce that is hot)
    1/8 c. shredded cheese (14 grams)

I poach my chicken and shred it.
    Saute onions in 1 tbs. butter
    add shredded chicken to the onions. Then I add a dash of cumin, garlic powder, pepper, and chili powder to the chicken.
    add the cheese and enchilada saude to the chicken and onions.

This chicken filling should be about 435 calories for the whole skillet or about 218 per person.

Then you count for your tortillas. The ones we use are 210 for 3 tortillas.

These are really good with guacamole and we use one Wholly guacamole 100 calorie packet for three tacos.

That is about 528 calories per person for dinner. We try to keep our dinner around 600 calories so it works for us!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
    1/2 cup Feta Cheese, divided
    2 tsp. Lemon Peel, divided
    1 tsp. olive oil
    1 bag baby spinach
    1 cup cherry tomatoes
    kalamata olives (check for typical serving size)

1.Mix half of the feta cheese and lemon peel. Cut a slice into the center of the chicken breasts, stuff with feta mixture.
    2. Heat oil and cook chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through.
    3. Serve over mixture of baby spinach, cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives, sprinkled with the rest of the lemon peel and feta.

I think I got this recipe from Better Homes & Gardens. So I typed this up from memory as best I could, it was delicious!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TeraMarieD
    Options
    I also cut it into strips and cook it in a small amount of olive oil, mix it with some cooked brown rice and a tablespoon of Philadelphia cooking cream. I will add whatever veggies I have on hand too.

Super easy and good.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Real easy one:

Pineapple Chicken: 4 boneless breast, 1 20 oz can of pineapple (chunks or crushed, up to you), 1/4 cup Soy Sauce, 1 TSP crushed red pepper (optional)

cook in a crock pot for 3-4 hours on LOW or on HIGH for 2 Hrs
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Real easy one:

Pineapple Chicken: 4 boneless breast, 1 20 oz can of pineapple (chunks or crushed, up to you), 1/4 cup Soy Sauce, 1 TSP crushed red pepper (optional)

Forgot to add.... only 80 cals per chicken breast!
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Real easy one:

I was going to suggest something very similar, had it just the other night, but I also added some onion and bell pepper strips. It was delicious.
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    Cut it up into chunks and sautee to make:

chicken chili
    chicken curry (I love curry to use ANY veggies from the fridge before my next csa box arrives)
    chicken stir-fry
    chicken tacos or burritos or fajitas

spread evoo, snp and grill:

grill for 4 mins per side on med heat (depending on thickness), don't overcook or it will be dry!
    grill with onions and peppers for grilled fajitas (grilled onions are the bomb!)
    grill and cut up for taco salads
    Chinese chicken salad! Yumm!

spread evoo and snp and bake:

put in a baking dish with some baby potatoes, zucchini, peppers. (425 ish...for 20-30 mins)
    put in a casserole dish with rice, chicken broth and spices
    sear in a cast iron skillet and then toss in preheated oven for a few more mins to bake through

boil for shredding into taco's, burritos and salads. Not much flavor cooking it this way.

Grill, bake, sautee, boil for chicken to put on a pizza.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I like to butterfly breasts and put a sauce of some sort on them. Salsa works great. Put them in a glass pyrex, with your preferred seasonings and bake at 350 for 30 minutes...come out juicy and delicious!

(edited to fix typos...the cursor on my laptop jumps all over the place while I'm typing)
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    CHECK OUT SKINNYTASTE.COM OR ALLRECIPES.COM ON ALLRECIPES YOU CAN TYPE IN WHATEVER INGREDIENTS YOU HAVE ON HAND AND IT WILL GIVE YOU RECIPES..... BUT FOR SOMETHING EASY AND DELICIOUS , WHAT ABOUT SHISH KEBOBS??? I MAKE MINE WITH CHICKEN, PEPPERS ONIONS, MUSHROOMS, ZUCCHINI, SQUASH AND YOU CAN USE ANY SEASONING LIKE FAJITA/CURRY/BLACKENED/SESAME-GINGER ETC... OR WITH CHICKEN/PEPPERS/PINEAPPLE IN A HAWAIIAN MARINADE SERVE WITH RICE OR BAKED OR SWEET POTATO AND LEFTOVERS ARE GREAT ON SALAD FOR LUNCH OR DINNER THE NEXT DAY
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I am lazy by nature ... so, when want something quick and easy I pour a generous amount of Italian dressing on the chicken breast and bake it for about an hour. I also put pepper flakes on it because I like it spicy! ;-)
  • NYCHealthyMe
    Options
    Use lots of herbs to make it taste great.

Some suggestions
    sprinkle ground cinnamon and rosemary on chicken.
    chop garlic with fat-free oil spray
    Try some hot peppers chopped in the blender to make it spicy (and rev up your metabolism)
    Fat Free Cheese slice

Be careful with all these sauce suggestions (Italian, soy etc). They have way too much salt and you'll also just be hungry later. Stick to natural herbs and spices for flavor (and less salt).
  • kmcarbajal
    Options
    bump
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My new fav thing to do is to butterfly the breast (or steak or chop or whatev) open like a book and then put it between two layers of plastic wrap and pound it out (using a heavy skillet or rolling pin or meat tenderizing hammer thingy) so it is really thin (1/4"ish). Then make a filling (spinach and a smidge of riccotta, mushroom and a smidge of shredded swiss, peppers and onions, use your imagination or whatever is on hand) and put some filling on one end of the meat. Roll it up, burritto style, tucking the ends in as you roll, and use toothpicks to hold it so it stays rolled. Then sear it in a little olive oil till it is nice and browned. Add some broth (or water or wine) to deglaze the pan, cover, and put the pan in the oven til the meat reaches temp (like 350 for about 15 more min.