I fell off

Options
I fell off the wagon. I have not logged on in a while. I was eating healthy, but I could not stop my drinking habits. I jumped back on the wagon Sunday so wish me luck. I have to watch what I eat and not drink at the same time.
BTW: I am not an alcoholic, but I drink from afterwork boredom. Usually 2 or 3 beers at least 4 times a week when I get off work.
I have not drank anything this week yet...so far so good.

Replies

• xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    Welcome back! Isn't there a quote or something like... it's not about how many times you fall down, but how many times you get back up?

Good luck - you can do it :)
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    yep - just get back on and keep going! everyone slips up now and then - the key is to just brush yourself off and get back to working on it.

keep it up!
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    I know how you feel. I like a glass of red wine or several LOL, a few nights a week but i have to work harder so i can enjoy it. A bit like someone who loves chocolate, cake or a takeaway.

Just workout more.

I have to say though that now i'm losing the weight, i'm feeling the effects of my drink more so i'm actually drinking less.
  • Loggerwife
    Options
    I like to have a drink, especially after a long day at work. I don't have one everyday but bottom like most beers and if you choose mixers wisely most mixed drinks are around 100 calories. It is well worth it to me to exercise an extra 10mins when I feel the need to have myself a nice cold one. :drinker:
  • sma1130
    sma1130 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all!!
    Let me also share my crazy logic. I have said, "no more beer". And then I started drinking gin with unsweetened grapefruit juice. The unsweetened grapefuit was supposed to counteract the calories because it actually boosts my metabolism and does not take as much to get me feeling good.
    Since, I mostly drink to relax or get sleepy I have to find something else. I know, I know, I can workout, but not everyday.
  • sma1130
    Options
    Thanks. If I can kick this drinking thing my pounds should shed instantly and easily because as far as food goes I am always under my limit. But then as soon as nighttime falls....I get the urge to drink to relax. I am the Office Manager at a mental health care agency, so you know I be needing one sometimes.:noway:
  • sma1130
    Options
    Thanks. If I can kick this drinking thing my pounds should shed instantly and easily because as far as food goes I am always under my limit. But then as soon as nighttime falls....I get the urge to drink to relax. I am the Office Manager at a mental health care agency, so you know I be needing one sometimes.:noway: