why oh why didn't I read the packet?

Options
I'm feeling so anoyed at myself I usually read the packaging on food religiously but today I was out with the kids and was getting them a snack there were loads of chocolate bars but I thought id have the healthy looking seedy bat thing instead. it wasn't until after I had eaten it and was waiting for the kids to finish that I read the packet over 400kcal and 28g fat!!!!!!!!! in a 80g bar thats more than I normally have have in a meal I feel so guilty I wish I had just had the chocolate it probably had less in it. I did loads of walking today but I still feel awful.

sorry needed to vent

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too bad. Take it as a lesson learned and keep moving. We all have experience some type of bump in the road. Its a given.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yeah those 'healthy' treats are tricky. Most are designed with the idea that you'll be running a marathon while eating it! Don't beat yourself up, now you'll definitely look first!!!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just learn from it and make a more informed decision next time. It's the sum of all of the things we do that matter, not each individual thing. :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too bad. Take it as a lesson learned and keep moving. We all have experience some type of bump in the road. Its a given.

this. you know better next time. one snack isn't going to derail your fitness.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Just learn from it and move on.
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It happens. :) Work out a bit longer at the gym tonight or run after the kiddos a bit more, and you'll be ok. :) I've done that too, and wow it's a pain! My apartment complex has fresh baked cookies all the time. They were small so I ate two a few weeks back. BIG mistake. Otis Spunkmeyer does NOT do low calorie! HAha!
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's worst when you see 200 cal and after eating it you notice the " 2 or 3 servings per container" :noway:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    hehe. so been there! I wouldn't worry about it and just stay on plan. One treat shouldn't make any difference!