I'm Turning Forty!

Options
UpEarly
UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
I decided to join in the fun, and try to lose 50 pounds before my 40th birthday, which falls in late September. I lost 100 pounds when I was 22, and have managed to keep 40-50 pounds of it off for 17 years. I'd like to get rid of the rest as a gift to myself for this benchmark birthday I have coming up. I already exercise almost every day and eat healthy food (for the most part). If I can learn some self-control and manage my portion sizes and eat less in general, I think I can succeed.

Anyhow - I just wanted to say hello and make my goal "public". I'm really impressed with everything MFP has to offer!

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm 40!! 40 rules!! :drinker:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Turning 39 last year is what kick started my desire to make these important life changes, and by the time I hit 40 this past March I was pleased by the changes I saw! I only wish I would have started earlier now!
    Congrats on the previous successes and God bless on reaching your future goals!
  • Marshall5686
    Marshall5686 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal - lose 50 before turning 50. I'm 48. Welcome to MFP.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I was 39 when I started my journey too. Best of luck to you!! :drinker:
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 40!! 40 rules!! :drinker:

Indeed.
    My birthday is in late September as well. You can do it. it will in no way be an easy task but if you stay with it and do your exercises you will succeed.

Welcome to MFP and can't wait to welcome you to the 40 and better club WOOHOO!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. To lose all of the weight before my 40th birthday in September. Best of luck to you! I've been told things in life get easier in the 40's. Here's hoping!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice welcome! :-)
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    40 coming up soon, I started my journey on my 38th birthday. Been maintaining for 10 months.
  • mjmtxk
    mjmtxk Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 39 and turn 40 in October. I'm still blessed with a pretty good metabolism. Figured I'd better get started and take advantage of it before I lost it! :-) Welcome and good luck!