Need a good core routine... check this out!

Options
Here is a great core routine you can do at home! 25-30 minute workout!

Perform each exercise as directed below:
3 sets of 8 Double Pulse
3 sets of 8 Single Pulse

Isolated Leg extension with over head extension
Pilates Knee Tugs
Pilates Scissor Kicks
Bicycles
Side V-Ups
Side Plank Hip Dips
Plank Hip Dips

Exercise Description:
Isolated Leg extension with overhead arm extension (Option hold a 8-10lb weight)
Lying on back bring knees into 90 degree angle towards chest. Extend one leg towards the ground while extending arms overhead, pulse twice (2 exhale/2 pulse) then bring arm and leg back to center. Repeat to opposite side. Repeat until you reach 3 sets of 8 alternating legs. Follow with singles: 3 sets of 8 single pulses

Pilates Knee Tugs
Lying on back. Bring knees into 90 degree angle towards chest. Draw chin into the chest as you peel shoulders off the ground. Draw one knee tight into the chest as you extend the opposite leg straight and lower it to the ground. Tug twice on the knee drawn towards chest (2 exhale/2 pulse). Alternate sides until you reach 3 sets of 8. Follow with singles: 3 sets of 8 single pulses.

Pilates Scissor Kicks
Lying on back extend legs up towards ceiling pointing toes. Draw chin into the chest as you peel the shoulders off the mat reaching arms past hips. Lower one leg as you draw hands together between legs pulsing twice (2 exhale/2 pulse). Focus on crunching the abdominals as you reach. Alternate sides until you reach 3 sets of 8. Follow with singles: 3 sets of 8 single pulses.

Bicycles
Lying on back legs extended. Bring chin to the chest and draw one knee in. Twist torso so opposite shoulder presses towards bent knee. Pulse twice (2 exhale/2 pulse). Alternating sides until you reach 3 sets of 8. Follow with singles: 3 sets of 8 single pulses.

Side V-Ups
Lying on one side. Stack or stagger feet. Bottom arm rests in front of body to stabilize position. Bring top hand behind head and lift legs and shoulders together into a V position on your side. Pulse twice and lower down slow with control. Repeat until you reach 3 sets of 8. Follow with singles: 3 sets of 8 single pulses. Then repeat on opposite side.

Side Plank Hip Dips
Come into a side plank on the elbow. Slowly lower down bottom hip towards ground pulse twice (2 pulse/2 exhale). Repeat until your reach 3 sets of 8. Follow with singles: 3 sets of 8 single pulse. The repeat on opposite side.

Plank Hip Dips
Come into plank position on elbows. Alternate lowering hip to edge of mat as you pulse twice (2 pulse/2exhale) come center then work to opposite side. Repeat until your reach 3 sets of 8. Follow with singles: 3 sets of 8 single pulses.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!

Replies

• alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Bump.....always looking for good core moves!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Do you know where I can find some pics of these moves, I can't quite figure them out by description. They sound good though! Thanks for sharing.
  • bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You might have to do a "google search" on the exercise name for the time being. My next mission is to start a "video blog" and videos for "youtube". Videos are definitely the best way to ensure good form and an effective workout!
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!!
  • bizybee29
    bizybee29 Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree...I need some visuals. I don't know all of them by name. I really want to try this routine out! :D
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    bump, and thanks for explaining the moves, so many people call different things by different names.lol
    Xx
  • bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to shoot me a message if you need any further explanations. I am going to post a few new workouts each week. Let me know if you have any requests! Feel free to friend me!
  • chrisyb122
    chrisyb122 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    eta: sorry, I clicked a link from my profile and ended up on the wrong subject matter - please disregard this post :blushing:

I have a question somewhat related to this subject. If we normally sit everyday (and are set to sedentary activity level) but start standing say for 3 hours of our normal work day (8 hrs) should we log that as exercise since according to this we're burning more calories by standing?
  • lauren0985
    lauren0985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This could be fun....