Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations Please!

Options
I have been reading the forums lately and several people have mentioned that they love their HRMs. I am interested in getting one, but there are a lot of options out there. What kind/brand of HRM do you guys have? Are you happy with the HRM you have or would you prefer a different one? Why or why not?

Any advice you can give is appreciated!!
:-)

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I love it. It's easy to use, easy to setup and it does everything I need it to do. Can't ask for much more than that. It was also reasonably priced.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bump - I want one too! Don't have a cluuue where to start when it comes to looking for one.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had a polar ft7 until my dog chewed it up; I recently replaced it with another ft7. Having the option of getting a polar flowlink to keep track of all your workouts on their site is nice.
  • Thunderith
    Thunderith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar RS100 (about $109.00) and I wonder how I ever ran without it. It has an interval timer, very simple interface, and is actually comfortable to work with. The only downside is that is only stores one training record at a time so if you are not careful you can lose your whole workout record with just the touch of a button. However on the whole I LOVE this thing.
  • numnumnums
    numnumnums Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • cfmusgrove
    cfmusgrove Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So it seems like most of you like the Polar varieties...... are there any other comparable brands that you can recommend?
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4. Had a Sportline for about 2 weeks but it was terrible. Uncomfortable, pain in the butt to read, lousy monitoring.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. It is my 2nd polar and I love it. I was able to find my current one on ebay for $49.99 with free shipping and it was brand new in the box. Make sure whatever you get has the chest strap with it.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Another Polar owner here. I researched a lot of them, but came to the conclusion that Polar did everything I wanted and was consistently the one that was rated the best. I couldn't be happier with mine.
  • cfmusgrove
    Options
    Polar FT4. It is my 2nd polar and I love it. I was able to find my current one on ebay for $49.99 with free shipping and it was brand new in the box. Make sure whatever you get has the chest strap with it.

Do most of the polar one's have chest straps? It doesn't look like it from the pics.... ?
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the Suunto T1c, mine's going back in the morning. Doesn't find the strap and as for the calorie count... It thinks I'm dead!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Do most of the polar one's have chest straps? It doesn't look like it from the pics.... ?

I believe they all do. Some come with the standard plastic band, others come with a nice fabric/elastic one.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options

If you go to polar's site they have a great comparison tool. I believe most do come with a chest strap but make sure it is the new wearlink one. The first HRM I had just at the TF-31 transmitter and you cannot change the batteries yourself.

This one CANNOT be changed by you...has to be sent away:
    http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/T31_coded_Transmitter

This is the one I have now and you can change it all yourself.
    http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/WearLink_transmitter
  • cfmusgrove
    Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations! I guess I'll be going with a Polar of some variety.... maybe f6 or ft7...
  • cfmusgrove
    Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations! I guess I'll be going with a Polar of some variety.... maybe f6 or ft7...
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the FT7 on Sunday and I love it. :love:
  • cthompson01
    cthompson01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too got the FT7. I love it.

The only thing I'm kicking myself about is that right after I bought it I discovered that Polar makes a chest strap / sensor that transmits to your Ipod or smartphone via Bluetooth.

Chris
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar monitor. I don't workout without it.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar monitor. I don't workout without it.

Same! :smile: Mine is an FT7 with the chest strap. I've been using it almost every day since December and haven't had any problems with it. I love it -- I find it to be very motivating and helpful.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options

They don't make the F6 anymore. I think the FT4 is the replacement.