4 out of 5 weekly challenge WEEK 6 April 11th...open to new

Options
THIS CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO NEW PEOPLE, JUST SIGN IN BY MIDNIGHT MONDAY IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE.

If you want to join in this challenge please sign in no later than midnight eastern time on Monday, April 11th. After that feel free to join us next week.

This is a 4 out of 5 challenge. Meet 4 of the following goals every day to stay in the challenge.

Goal 1 - Log all food
Goal 2 - drink at least 8 cups of water
Goal 3 - work out for 30 minutes per day
Goal 4 - stay under your calories
Goal 5 - do something for yourself (read a magazine article, a book, work on a hobby, etc....)

Each day you'll log in and tell us how many goals you've reached for the day. If you don't reach 4 goals you'll be out for the week (but don't worry you can join us again the following week). If you do not reach 4 of the 5 goals and have not earned a grace day just post that you're out and then please refrain from posting until the new challenge is posted the following week.

If you hit all 5 goals three days in a row you can earn a grace day. Grace days can be used at any time for any reason, you don't need to justify it - simply state that you're using a grace day. Grace days can be banked from week to week but you have to earn them within one week. That means you can't count Saturday, Sunday, Monday as your three days in a row because each challenge will begin on Monday.

If you drop out of the challenge with unused grace days you forfeit those grace days.

I will set up a new post each Sunday for the following week's challenge.

Replies

• Allstar723
    Options
    Can I do the challenge?
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in! Not sure how long I'll last though! Maybe this will help me take off that last 4lbs!

Great Idea!
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    OK.. I'm in.

You'll need to excuse my ignorance but how do I make this easier to find through out the week?
    AND.....
    Is this the post that I will log into to post my completions?

Excellent accountability :happy:
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • joec53
    joec53 Posts: 8
    Options
    sounds like a challenge count me in
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I'm in again...thanks :flowerforyou:
  • llchaps
    llchaps Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    OK.. I'm in.

You'll need to excuse my ignorance but how do I make this easier to find through out the week?
    AND.....
    Is this the post that I will log into to post my completions?

Excellent accountability :happy:

After you click on Community click on My Topics and that will show you the topics you've participated in. Then just click on this one. It's the easiest and fastest way to pull up this challenge.

You can just reply at the end of the page each day. I typically post a question of the day as well to help us get to know each other a little so look for it and answer it so that we can get to know you.
  • Shua456
    Options
    Can I do the challenge?

ABSOLUTELY!
  • happy_heather121
    Options
    Not sure if we're suppose to start tonight or not.

I met all 5 for the challenge today! It wasn't easy staying under my calorie goal. I made it was 63 cals to spare... but I brushed my teeth as soon as I got the "right before bed munchies" so that saved it.

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • Shua456
    Options
    Rough day today but I manaaged to squeek out a 4/5

logged all
    low on water
    under calories
    30 minutes exercise
    watched an episode of Criminal Minds

So the ethical question is if you eat something but can't keep it down do you still have to log it? I got hit with a case of stomach flu this afternoon and now just the thought of food makes me sick. I seriously hope this is short lived and that I feel fine tomorrow.
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Monday 5/5

Great day!
  • pjfmaui73
    Options
    Rough day today but I manaaged to squeek out a 4/5

logged all
    low on water
    under calories
    30 minutes exercise
    watched an episode of Criminal Minds

So the ethical question is if you eat something but can't keep it down do you still have to log it? I got hit with a case of stomach flu this afternoon and now just the thought of food makes me sick. I seriously hope this is short lived and that I feel fine tomorrow.

Poor thing :sick: ...I hope you feel all better real soon!!! If it all came back up then it probably doesn't count.
  • pjfmaui73
    Options
    Goal 1 - Log all food-done
    Goal 2 - drink at least 8 cups of water-done 14
    Goal 3 - work out for 30 minutes per day- done 60
    Goal 4 - stay under your calories-done
    Goal 5 - do something for yourself-watched Wheel of Fortune
  • joec53
    joec53 Posts: 8
    Options
    5/5 good start for monday
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    Today, I did 4/5 :):smile:
  • happy_heather121
    Options
    Today was a 4/5 for me. I missed my workout, which bums me out! Instead had to go out for an impromptu business dinner which was torturous considering I could hardly eat anything to keep me under my calories for the day! I made though... barely!

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Tuesday 5/5
  • pjfmaui73
    Options
    5/5 Tues

Goal 1 - Log all food-done
    Goal 2 - drink at least 8 cups of water-done 13
    Goal 3 - work out for 30 minutes per day- done 3hrs 30min (3hrs were cleaning)
    Goal 4 - stay under your calories-done
    Goal 5 - do something for yourself-watching The Biggest Loser with family :love:
  • Shua456
    Options
    4/5 for me today. I'm totally not feeling well and I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll beat this by tomorrow.