Snacks and Breakfast ideas anyone?

Options
I need some good ideas for things to eat for breakfast, stuff that is good and will fill me up and give me energy so I dont get the urge to snack.

I also need some good and healthy snack ideas!

If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them! Thanks!

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    greek yogurt with fresh fruit and 1/2 whole grain english muffin or 1/2 mini bagel
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about carbs, but I try to get most of mine in before 4pm. I love to have a banana and the Emerald Breakfast to Go packs around for a quick and easy snack.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about carbs, but I try to get most of mine in before 4pm. I love to have a banana and the Emerald Breakfast to Go packs around for a quick and easy snack. Almonds are always good too!
  • soon2bmrsc
    Options
    I have recently discovered fat free cottage cheese and I LOVE it!!! It's really good with grapes, blueberries, apples, and peaches.
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    I tried something new this morning and cooked some quinoa. I added a banana, blueberries and a squirt of agave nectar. Delicious and tons of protein! I'd probably leave out the banana or replace it with something with less carbs next time though.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    oatmeal can be very filling and i eat multi-grain cheerios for breakfast sometimes too. very filling and keeps me going until lunch time. sometimes i will eat a banana for a mid-day snack. another good filling item is peanut butter on light bread or hummus and half a pita.
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love crock pot oatmeal. Look it up in search bar.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am pretty easy to fill up at a breakfast time. But I made some specific changes this week to get more protein. My diary is open.
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Cereals are so tasty and good for you. Lots of protein and less calories per serving than many other cereals. I like to eat the Multigrain Cluster cereal with fresh strawberries or craisins. Also an apple and PB or Nutella is a great snack! Home made hummus is great for you and tastly with raw veggies or baked pita chips. I also love to eat Chobani fruit flavored greek yogurts! They are so high in protein, (a few more calories compared to the yoplait) but thick and creamy, and has the benefit of 5 probiotics (for intestinal/digestive health) compared to all other yogurts which only have 2. :)
  • Brystoe
    Brystoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies for Breakfast. A good one is a frozen Banana, 1/4 cup tofu, 1/2 cup milk, and cashew butter. I don't eat peanut butter. You can add a little sugar if you want it sweeter but I try and stay away from sugar. It is very filling because it has fat and protein which keeps your hunger under control. It is around 300 calories you can out it in the recipe and find out for sure, it depends on type of milk you use.

Snacking I just eat fresh fruit and nuts, or carrots dipped in hummus, or you can make a black bean salad with all sorts of veggies in it and it keeps for several days.

Hope this helps.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    Eggs (with skim milk, no oil) with spinach and half a whole grain bun for me... a lot of protein fills me up, a bit of carbs make me happy. I absolutely do not snack (but really never have, tbh)
  • jldeal
    jldeal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal for breakfast and then I have an apple for a mid morning snack. Oatmeal has 110 calories and the apple slices that I snack on have 90 calories. Then if I need a mid afternoon snack, I go for those Special K cracker chips which are really good. Sometimes you just need to be able to snack on something for a little while and not feel guilty about it and the cracker chips help with that. You can have 27 chips for 110 calories.
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love plain greek yogurt with granola and dried fruit! YUMMMM
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    This isn't the world's healthiest snack, but it works for me, so I'll just be honest! LOL. Please consider this along with all of the actual decent snacks, like apples with peanut butter, etc. :tongue:

The Carnation Instant Breakfasts are essentially like chocolate milk mix with a bunch of vitamins and minerals thrown in...one packet has the protein of two eggs and loads of other goodies. Based on the actual ingredients, they aren't nearly as good for you as they profess to be, but they aren't horrible, either.

I'll mix a packet with non-fat or 2% milk and then chug chug chug it (not like it's a beer bong, haha, I just mean I'll drink it all within three minutes or so)...that way it all hits my stomach at once, more like a meal than a drink. Then I'll stay hydrated with water and feel full for a few extra hours.
  • xxsdh7xx
    xxsdh7xx Posts: 10
    Options
    I love Special K cereal bars. They are amazing and only 90 calories! (:
  • sabrinamary
    Options
    egg white omlets with mushrooms, onions, turkey etc.
    And I'm a huge fan of quaker instant oatmeal....super yummy and very filling. Oh and honey nut cheerios!!!
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am slightly lactose intolerant, so I can't do cereals or yogurt regularly (and I am a freak who doesn't like oatmeal) so I do a lot of hard boiled eggs. I also just recently started doing two egg whites in a microwave safe container (spray with non-stick spray) - today I threw in a crumbled veggie burger and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Microwave for 45 secs. mix up and then zap it for another 45. Super hearty and filling, and less than 200 cals.

I also just re-discovered pumpkin seeds as a snack.