Gained 50 lbs. while on antidepressants

Options
2»

Replies

• katrina35
    Options
    Do you suffer from anxiety or depression, i've tried quitting them myself and can't i stay so nauseated and sick, and the dr says its anxiety....Why is it not an option for you to quit, is your anxiety that bad?
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Katrina! I was on antidepressants for a short time, tried a few dif ones because of side effects, stopped them completely the day I had a seizure from one! (NEVER had any seizures or other related problems in my entire life besides after being put on that med). Exercise, eating healthy and taking care of myself as well as meeting new, positie, supportive people (and ditching the toxic ones) helped a lot... you are in the right spot to make these changes :) I hope you find what you need to create a working balance in your life! Good luck!
  • TheTashLB
    Options
    I gained a ton of weight while on antidepresssants for sever post partum depression and can totally relate. I hope you can find balance in your life soon. But I also think because I was depressed I was making poor food choices and I was unable to exercise (c-section incision took 13 months to heal) so I just gave up for a while.

Feel free to friend me and good luck with your wieght-loss journey.
  • rmrit
    rmrit Posts: 1
    Options
    I gained about 20 lbs on anti-psychotics (which should never have been prescribed). I've been off them for YEARS and I am now trying to lose the weight for good. Good luck to both of us!