Girls at the gym...

Options

Replies

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i'm a self confessed people watcher, usually i have sunnies on outside, so i probably just do it out of habit.

but if i'm staring, i'm usually staring because the person is impressive, or the person is doing something i find fascinating or hilarious.... at the gym, you get it all. i do stare at a few of the young guys, and usually it's because i find them funny, 3 of them standing around watching their mate do a few bicep curls, and i think, how in the hell are you actually getting a workout, you have about 10 minutes in between each exercise you do?

if i am at the gym for 70 minutes, i'm working hard for at least 60 of those minutes and i fantasise about having time to waste like that.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I stare at guys at the gym for lots of reasons -- I think they're good-looking, I'm interested to see how they work out (how many reps and sets they do, whether they are graceful, in what order they use machines, etc.), I'm trying to read what their shirts say, I feel like I'm dying on the elliptical and watching someone work out is a good enough distraction for a minute. I try not to make it obvious, but I'm sure I fail sometimes.

If a guy's in exceptionally good shape, like you are, I might stare because it's unusual to see and I'm wondering how long it took you, what you eat, that sort of stuff.

I agree.

i dont usually stare stare, but i will sometimes try and sneakily get a good look at a guy if hes particularly buff. Doesnt mean i want to be hit on or anything, but am only human and if i see a nice body thats not wearing much, i cant help but have a look :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    if theyre properly staring and not looking away when you notice them then theyre definitely coming onto you
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself eye-humped. I would.

This is one of the greatest things anyone has ever said.
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    id notice you :)

edit!!! not toward the guy who posted.. i meant to quote a girl but i hit reply!

SORRY! :)
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I am staring at a guy or guys at the gym it is because I like what I see. I go the the ellptical closest to the weights so I can check out their muscles while they are working out.

HAHA. I've done that :-p Hop on the one next to the hottest guy... don't put it past us women!

so.. the other night i was on the eliptical.. and this real cute chica got on the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME.. there were 5 open.. it was hard to do my 7 miles:embarassed: but i did. :P
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    When I am staring at a guy or guys at the gym it is because I like what I see. I go the the ellptical closest to the weights so I can check out their muscles while they are working out.

HAHA. I've done that :-p Hop on the one next to the hottest guy... don't put it past us women!
    [/quote]

so.. the other night i was on the eliptical.. and this real cute chica got on the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME.. there were 5 open.. it was hard to do my 7 miles:embarassed: but i did. :P
    [/quote]
    bahaha. Can't look weak ;) Think how I feel with 10 hot guys around me on the weight floor. Oh gosh! Just swallow the pride and stare in the mirror LOL
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    LOL, i used to sometimes take the treadmill closest to the freeweights area to watch the guys flex ;)
  • SGartz
    SGartz Posts: 57
    Options
    I wish girls stared at me and I also wish I was hung like Chris Brown. Never mind.
  • gpschob
    gpschob Posts: 16
    Options
    maybe they took their contacts out and cant see more than a few feet in front of them
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    they want to nail you.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I go in the middle of the day and it's all old people.

Holy *kitten* - I go to the gym around noon - guess I'm OLD! :noway: I had no idea. 46 - the new 64? :sad:
  • mayamojo
    mayamojo Posts: 6
    Options
    Consider yourself eye-humped. I would.

awesome...that's a new word for me. lol
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    this happens to me all the time, the only problem is my Gym is in my basement and the only babe in the "gym" is married to me...and she seems to be laughing.... :ohwell:
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    this happens to me all the time, the only problem is my Gym is in my basement and the only babe in the "gym" is married to me...and she seems to be laughing.... :ohwell:

:laugh:
  • vaderq84
    vaderq84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Why girls never stare at me?
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    well... let me say from experience... if you're making awkward noises and faces.... there's a great reason haha! But.. if you're not, they're probably just admiring what God gave you :-p

I am awful with gym noises, I can't go in the weights room when it is busy because people are just too funny. I know it is to egg yourself on but I find it hilarious.

I was on the tread mill the other day and some guy was behind me on the cross trainer and I took my headphones out to hear him going ' come'on push it push it harder harder' at which point I had to stop running before I fell over.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because you look like Goku?
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    Why girls never stare at me?

because you are working out the right way... paying attention to the weight you lift to get extra few reps... not the girl on the treadmill running!!!

when im in the gym im in the zooooonee lol i don't want to talk to anyone, i dont want to smile at anyone, i dont want to look at anyone... i have just one reason.. one goal..
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    LIke sometimes girls stare longer than 10 secs (no joke) I even stare back at them and they are staring right in my eyes. WTH does this mean? I'm pretty sure they are all older than me lol
    Also once I smiled back at a couple of girls and it was kinda akward cause they just stared at me. Like wth? I know I look really young to be kicking *kitten* in the gym but make it less obvious. To me, I have narrowed it down to me looking really young for my age and I think most people are surprised when they see me lift almost 200lbs on some exercises and over 200lbs on others.

are you wearing gray ,shorts or pants?? realllllllyyy sweaty butt crack?