Brand New to My FitnessPal but not to weightloss!

Options
HI My name is Vicki and like you I am hoping to have found a wonderful motivator for weight loss. I am 37 years old and have never really struggled with weightloss until the last few years. It seems like no matter what I do I continue to gain. I started this program (app) just a few days ago and love it so far! My goal weight is 140. I have 22 pounds to go!

Replies

• natalia994
    natalia994 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) you can do it!
  • missywilliams9258
    Options
    What does app stand for?
  • sparkles75
    Options
    Hi Vicki, I'm Nicky :)

I joined this app approx 10 days ago and lost 2lb (1kg)in my first week which is really exciting! If it is working for me it will definately work for you too. I'm in a similar situation to you, tried a few things but they didn't really gel but this is great so far. If you want some support feel free to add me as a friend
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vicki! I found this site via my phone app as well. It is the best site! Good luck on your journey. Having friends to motivate is very encouraging. Feel free to add me.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vicki MFP is great I am kinda like a yoyo going back forth but this is it I am really going to try and get fit. I love this site the support is fantastic and it may seem like a lot of logging at first but its gets easier !!!!!
    Enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • jhalton
    jhalton Posts: 85
    Options
    Vicky, joining MFP has been awesome for me. I never realized how much food I was eating. The calorie counting has really opened my eyes. If you have any questions, just post them. And the responses will just flow (sometime overflow:-)) in.The best part is that I have others encouraging me and praying for me as press on to my goals. If you stick with it, you will meet your fitness goals.If you need any help just let me know.

Blessings to you,

Jack
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What does app stand for?

App is an "application" on a mobile phone.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Logging is one of the best things you can do so it's a great step you've taken! I lost 40 lbs a few years ago (and have kept it off) by logging what I ate/counting calories (on another website not nearly as user friendly) and it became second nature - it will really help you stop and think about what you are putting in your mouth! I'm new here as well but am finding GREAT motivation! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like! WTG on taking a great step and congrats on your journey - you will accomplish great things!