BACNE!!!

Options
OK, So I have never in my life had a problem with pimples on my back. However I started doing hot yoga about three months ago and now notice little zits popping up here and there underneath where my yoga tank rests on my shoulders and upper back. Since it's getting warmer outside, this is freaking me out - I love tank tops!!! Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to combat this? I already come home immediately after and shower. Would it make a difference if I changed at the studio before driving home? It's only about a twenty minute drive. I am desperate for help! Thanks! :)

Replies

• pattiann603
    Options
    i started getting terrible bacne recently, too, and showering immediately after a workout (not waiting until i got home 15 minutes later) has made a huge difference. also, i bought clearasil, and put that on my back every night before bed. but if you do that, remember to wear a white tshirt, cuz the medicine stains fabrics.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    A dermatologist can prescribe wash clothes with Benzoyle Peroxide. Neutragena body or acne wash usually works for me but sometimes it requires the good stuff.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I've been breaking out on my chest lately from sweat. I use a salicylic acid wash. Be careful with Benzoyle peroxide - it stains everything! My towels, sheets, clothes. I use it for my face but not my body.

I've been using Neutrogena Deep clean cleanser scrub (blue stuff) twice a week and St Ives Green Tea cleanser daily (face and chest).
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I would say change out of your sweaty clothes as soon as you can (aka, before driving home). Even if that means that your normal clothes get sweaty and you have to put on a new outfit after you shower, it might be worth it. Or you could just change your shirt. And then wash with a acne wash when you shower. But yeah, be careful with benzoyl peroxide stuff - I can't even tell you how many shirts and pillowcases I ruined when I was using it before I decided it wasn't worth the cost of those things.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I've been breaking out on my chest lately from sweat. I use a salicylic acid wash. Be careful with Benzoyle peroxide - it stains everything! My towels, sheets, clothes. I use it for my face but not my body.

I've been using Neutrogena Deep clean cleanser scrub (blue stuff) twice a week and St Ives Green Tea cleanser daily (face and chest).

I use http://www.drugs.com/dosage/triaz-foaming-cloth.html. Yeah, creams or ointments left on tend to stain. Never had problems after a good rinse and dry. Use them on my back and shoulders.