Hello everyone

Options
I've only just started this and I'm on to my second day. I only need to lose a few kilo's but they will make a difference to how I feel about myself so I thought I'd try this. When I stopped smoking I started eating and I'm using this wonderful website to help me take a bit more notice of what I eat and how much I exercise. I think it's great and I wish everyone well in their endeavours. I think my main suggestion to people is to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and do at least 60 minutes of exercise every second day as well as lifting a few dumbell weights to gain muscle. Enjoy and embrace! :)

Replies

• mathilda12
    Options
    Good luck in your journey. I find that writing down my daily plan in the morning (I still take my lunch to work) really helps me stay on track. I also plan a small snack in morning and afternoon, so I don't get the low blood sugar drop followed by food cravings. You're right about the fruits and veggies!! Hope your healthy and happier with your new eating lifestyle. (Don't say you're on a DIET - the first 3 letters of DIET????)
  • jjjube
    jjjube Posts: 6
    Options
    Hahaha :) I wouldn't call it a diet that I'm on... just a way of trying to motivate myself to eat properly and stop eating ice creams! You've done really well... keep it up. Something else I've been trying is walking on a treadmill for an hour a few times a week, as well as eating home made soup... lots of it! Thanks for your well wishes and good luck to you :)
  • Walorie
    Walorie Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome...this is a great place to be :flowerforyou: