Off days

SavBrookeS
SavBrookeS Posts: 44 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
What do you do on your off days? I feel like I should definitely be getting some kind of workout in even though it's my off day. I am currently doing C25K and have ran the past 3 days in a row. Plus I have kids so my time is limited.

Replies

• DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    I am doing c25k too :)

On days off I just sit back relax and look forward to my next workout
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    You should be getting in at least 30 minutes of some activity EVERY day. I typically go for a brisk walk, or do a cardio DVD on my 'off" days.
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    I try to get a workout in everyday but Sundays. Sundays for us is family day, so I feel like I should rest and relax and enjoy my family, but if the weather is good, we tend to do yardwork or take the kids out to the park, even walk around the bx, so I am not just lounging around. I think little things like that are great! hope that helps :P
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    I walk my dog, I ride my horse, I take a yin yoga class.

With summer coming, I will probably be hiking down to the river/lake for a swim. And am fixing up my bike so I can start riding.

Personally I don't really believe in rest days. My body has gotten to the point where it wants to keep moving, sitting around drives me crazy. So I choose things I enjoy doing, that are relaxing mentally, and give my mind a break, not my body.
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    I am doing Turbo Fire, and on my days off, I try to do something simple like walking or my Wii Fit. That way I'm getting something in, but it's not strenuous.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    On my off days, I do some foam rolling for muscle recovery, and I walk for an hour. I pretty much consider my off days to be "off" for strength training and heavy cardio only. It's hard for me to relax, knowing that I didn't do anything at all beyond my normal daily activities.
  • oboegirl
    oboegirl Posts: 22
    I'm doing turbo jam, and on rest days I try to do some other, lower impact exercise like Wii Fit, and lots of stretching so my muscles are nice and limber for my next workout.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Gah! I can't have a day off. I think I've done some sort of activity every day for the past month!
    While they aren't always vigorous, I get atleast 30 minutes of cardio a day.
  • I do a basic home work out in the morning to get going (sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks....whatever comes to mind) about 20 minutes. Then I enjoy my day off. I used to hate days off, but after messing my knee up and not being able to work out for almost 2 weeks because of it. I learned the hard way my body needs one day a week to recover
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    On my off days I usually try to fit in a yoga or bellydance workout or either have an active rest day to spend with the family where I will do something like go for a walk, ride horses or work in the yard.
  • SavBrookeS
    SavBrookeS Posts: 44 Member
    Thanks everyone, I just don't feel like I should sit around all day but I didn't know if I should still do something or not.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Take the kids for a walk to the park? Will obviously only work if they're young, not sure teenagers would enjoy being pushed in the swing too much :D

Housework? Anything other than sitting on your backside is exercise remember.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    I was just going to ask this same question! I've been doing so well and seeing such progress that I am scared of "Rest Days." Sounds like active rest is the way for me. I also never do weights so perhaps I should do that when I'm not running.
This discussion has been closed.