--Fulltime Working Moms--

Options
I figured I would make an attempt to start a working moms group I saw they have one for Stay at Home moms-- Working mothers need support too- in making time to do for themselves after working all day- running errands picking the kids up cooking dinner ect.. then trying to find the time to workout- so here goes nothing -- would you like to join and support each other in this weight loss journey that has its ups and downs?

I am 25 yrs old
I have 2 little girls ages 7 and 4
I am a fulltime Billing Tech Assistant for a Perinatology Practice
My husband is a crewchief in the Army and deploys so far every year for a year to 15 months so most of the time its just me and the girls.

I am trying to drop these 30lbs that are beyond stubborn I have already lost 30lbs but trying to maintain that lost and lose more..

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I figured I would make an attempt to start a working moms group I saw they have one for Stay at Home moms-- Working mothers need support too- in making time to do for themselves after working all day- running errands picking the kids up cooking dinner ect.. then trying to find the time to workout- so here goes nothing -- would you like to join and support each other in this weight loss journey that has its ups and downs?

I am 25 yrs old
    I have 2 little girls ages 7 and 4
    I am a fulltime Billing Tech Assistant for a Perinatology Practice
    My husband is a crewchief in the Army and deploys so far every year for a year to 15 months so most of the time its just me and the girls.

I am trying to drop these 30lbs that are beyond stubborn I have already lost 30lbs but trying to maintain that lost and lose more..
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 31
    I have 2 boys - 4 and 1
    I'm a high school science teacher
    My husband is a correction officer and works crazy hours so our schedule gets a little crazy

I have about 34 pounds left to go, I've lost about 34 since I had my last kid.

My husband and I just joined a gym and he got on the healthy eating band wagon with me, so I am looking forward to great things!

Thanks for starting this thread! :bigsmile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea!! I'm soon going back to work from maternity leave and I'm already in panic mode, about how I'm gonna keep up on everything!!

I'm 32, married for 5 years. I work at a call centre for 40 give or take hours a week. My husband works with a courier company and doesn't get home til about 7 each evening, so I'm at home with the kids for the most hectic part of the day (pick baby up from daycare, get other kids off the bus, homework and dinner prep) he gets home in time to sit down and eat, then it's kitchen cleanup and bedtime. By the time I sit down I am sooo tired!!!

My kids (all boys) are 13, 6 and 10 months.

I have the same stubborn 20 or so lbs to lose since having the baby almost one year ago!! I feel like I have wasted so much time and now that I'm serious about getting it off again it's time to go back to work, and I'm scared I'll give up on it all!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Welcome- hopefully more will join- Im sure there are other fulltime working mothers on MFP-- I just purchased my first HRM (polar F4) and also Jillian Michaels 30 day shred I cant wait to get them sometime next week--
  • amaliasmom
    amaliasmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
    I am 25 years old and just had my first baby,a girl. She's 4 months old now. I work full time as an insurance adjustor.
    My husband is also in insurance. We work opposite hours so that we can save money on child care.

I was on bed rest for a lot of my pregnancy and gained a LOT of weight. I need to lose about 55 more pounds,and I could use some support.

Thanks for starting this!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I would like to join.
    I am 25 years old and just had my first baby,a girl. She's 4 months old now. I work full time as an insurance adjustor.
    My husband is also in insurance. We work opposite hours so that we can save money on child care.

I was on bed rest for a lot of my pregnancy and gained a LOT of weight. I need to lose about 55 more pounds,and I could use some support.

Thanks for starting this!

welcome-
  • rstyles
    Options
    Count me in :flowerforyou: I am 26 years old, proud mother of a 4 year old. I work full time at hospice and attend school in the morning and night. (Did I mention I work everyother weekend.) We ALL deserve some support!!:drinker:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Count me in :flowerforyou: I am 26 years old, proud mother of a 4 year old. I work full time at hospice and attend school in the morning and night. (Did I mention I work everyother weekend.) We ALL deserve some support!!:drinker:

welcome a board-- we can all encourage each other to lose this damn weight
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Ok what are you goals?

these are mine

Drink my water daily at least 64oz
    Make sure I get enough fiber
    mainitaining my daily calories every day without going over (thats my trouble are)
    and working out (I just purchased a HRM and jillian michaels 30 day shred 3 20 minute workouts that I hear kick your butt) I should get both of those next week- so the remaining of this week I am trying to not snack after dinner and not go over my calories

Whats yours
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a stay at home mom, and I just want to say that I admire all of you for working AND taking care of your kids. I don't know how you do it! It's an awesome responsibility and I know it carries a lot of stress for you all. I am glad that this thread was started for you for support.
    I just wanted to say that I admire you all!
    MM
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Hi, I am a stay at home mom, and I just want to say that I admire all of you for working AND taking care of your kids. I don't know how you do it! It's an awesome responsibility and I know it carries a lot of stress for you all. I am glad that this thread was started for you for support.
    MM

Thank you very much-- both titles are alot of work
  • roshong06
    Options
    I'm 26
    I have 2 children 1 boy-7 and 1 girl-2 (potty training)...uuuggghhh

I am a full time Veterinary Technician and I work 10 hours a day. About 50 hours a week.
    My husband is a Heavy Truck mechanic at his moring part time job...and a mechanic working on the fire trucks for the city full time at night. We never see eachother at all...so I pretty much do all the house work, cooking, child care, homework, alone...LOL. He does what he can.

I have a hard time finding time to squeeze in my shower every night, let alone exersize. I bought a treadmil to use while dinner is cooking, but now that my son is in soccer, I have 1 hour less on 2 nights a week...so that does not get used alot.

I would really like to join a support group with other hard working mommy's like me...Maybe that is what I need to jump start me. I'm just so exausted at the end of the day, just the thought of working out tires me even more....
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!:happy: I am 30 almost 31 I have 2 girls 2 (also Poty training:grumble: :angry: :mad: :noway: ) and a 3 month old.
    I have been married to the man of my dreas for 3 years and have gained about 30 pounds since we have been together. I need to lose about 43 more pounds.

I only work full time to keep my benefits. I truely never get away from kids. I leave here sometimes at 8am after getting the girls ready for daycare go to my job which is taking care of rich peoples kids (some very bratty, some very good) then come home and get dinner ready, play with the girls, get them ready for bed, work out and then try to spend some "quality time" with the hubby but that doesn't always work out!!:sad:

Glad to know there are others in my boat!!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    welcome bohlon15 and roshong06
  • jillb2727
    Options
    Hi! I am 31, single mom of a 3 yr old boy & work a FT & PT job! I don't know how I do it & get to the gym 5-6x/week. Sometimes, if I stop & think about my schedule, it gets very overwhelming!

But I know that we are mothers for a reason (why men aren't).....we can multitask & go on autopilot & get it all done. We may be exhausted & dead by the end of the day, but just think of what we accomplished! Women rock!! :drinker: :drinker:

Remember that getting healthy is the single most important thing we can do for our kids! Our kids not only see what we do, but they will do what we do as well!!! :wink: :wink:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in... I am active duty Air Force and deploy on average of once a year for 6 months or more... I am also the mom to 2 great kids 14 and 17...who amazingly are straight A students even though they are always in a state of turmoil with me gone all the time.
    I work out at the gym 3-6 times a week and run 2-4 times a week
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Hello all you working moms!

I'm Kristina, I'm 29 years old.
    I have a 15 month old hell-on-wheels baby girl, Audrey.
    I work full time at the US Embassy in Canada, splitting my time between security work and work for the Ambassador. I also work full time at home keeping our house as far away from chaos as I can manage.
    My DH works for the foreign service (which is what brought us to the Embassy in Canada).

My goals:
    Drink at least 64-72oz of water daily
    Get up early to do 30-day-shred
    M/W/F - cardio at the gym
    T/Thurs - pilates class/yoga class
    Stay within my calories and stay away from the chocolate!
  • peej76
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

My goals:

Stop caring about the scale
    Become more positive through this whole experience
    Workout 5 times a week
    Get my eating (binging) under control
    Make better decisions
    Always push myself to be my best self
    And, finally lose 20 - 30 lbs
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I would like to join as well.

My name is Kati. I am 30 years old and have 3 children. 6 y/o DD, 3 y/o DS and 2 y/o DD. I work 40 hours per week at a Chiropractic College. My husband works 45+ hours as a Plumbing Apprentice. My job is about 45 mins from our house, so I leave every a.m. at 7 to take our youngest two to daycare a.k.a. grandma's and get back home around 5:45 or 6 p.m. each night.

Our oldest DD just started kindergarten. Oh, and my husband and I have been married for 10 years.

I just ordered the 30 day shred (mailed 11/5) too.

My goals are:
    at least 64oz of water per day
    20 mins of cardio at our gym on my lunch hour 4x week
    walk the stairs to our 4th floor office instead of the elevator
    wake up at 5 to do 30 day shred
    pay more attention to how I feel, instead of the drop or lack of on the scale

Kati
  • peej76
    Options
    MM
    And I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself when I say the same goes for you!! Being a stay at home mom is a full time job in itself!!