Questions for high calorie burners

Options
I was wondering what the average calories you burn each day or week? I am asking this, because I have been very active to lots of activities through out my day to get this weight off. For example if I have somewhere to go, or need an activity for my children to do..we walk together to a park or to that place. I also have a large dog that needs walking. I bike ride, just tried zumba, etc. I also do the gym thing eliptical or run, and tonning excerise..all high calorie burning. I average buring around 1000 calories when I log it in for the night. When I explain this to family and friends I have been getting alot of negitivity and my weight I am achiveing quickly or how I am almost running 10 min miles. I am told that's not healthy, not normal......etc. And it really irriates me, because I busted my butt for every pound, and I also am eat a meat, complex carb prepackaged sugary dead food free water drinking diet. I also have been reading in my fitness magzines that the suggested 30 min a week is just for health reasons, no fat burning reasons and it's going to go the job. That you need to do a variety of intervals on your workout and change it up which I do....

Replies

• Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your doing just fine! I think exercise is great and will keep you disease resistant and will help you later in life. I've exercised my whole life and the benefits are great. I don't seem to look my age because of it and I am very proud of my own efforts. don't listen to the negativity. Your body will let you know when you need to rest.
    Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
    cheers
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You are doing fine, but you don't need to log countless hours to get results. I do Crossfit which is a high intensity, full body conditioning. I burn somewhere from 300-500 calories in 25 minutes and continue to burn all day long. HIIT is also good for calorie burning and takes 15-20 minutes.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    I'm like you and won't give up my spin classes. But, after a lot of reading on here and other sites, I am going to cut back on the cardio and really add in more strength and toning work. I'm at my goal weight and need to tighten up some areas but I LIKE spinning! But I was burning so many calories (between 750 and 1000) daily that I was having a tough time eating that many good calories. So I will spin 3 times a week for 45-60 minutes and on the other days will do strength. I wouldn't count the walking the dog because that is part of your normal daily routine, possibly the same with the walking with your kids.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You are doing great.

I don't burn the same amount every day, but a typical day is about 750 calories on a six mile run before work, 350 calories on a 3.5 mile walk at lunch, and around 500 calories on a 40 minute bike ride after work.

I am beginning training for a marathon so some days these numbers are higher and on other days they are lower.
  • JessicaSki
    Options
    You shouldn't be ashamed about your success! You are obviously putting a lot of effort into your health, and your weight loss ticker shows it! The only thing I would say is, if you're doing a meat free diet, be really careful about overexerting yourself. Vegetarian and vegan diets do a lot of damage to the body's muscular and skeletal systems. You can't replace meat with soy products as a woman, especially if you ever want to think of having children again. And remember, there are no vegetarian foods that get all the proteins your body needs to survive (lentils come close, but they are still ONE protein type short).

Vegetarian diets may feel good for a few weeks or months, but you will be doing long term damage to your body if you keep it up. Just be careful! Remember, the body makes you feel "good" when you are starving just to make you last longer til your next meal.
  • Kimberly0829
    Options
    You shouldn't be ashamed about your success! You are obviously putting a lot of effort into your health, and your weight loss ticker shows it! The only thing I would say is, if you're doing a meat free diet, be really careful about overexerting yourself. Vegetarian and vegan diets do a lot of damage to the body's muscular and skeletal systems. You can't replace meat with soy products as a woman, especially if you ever want to think of having children again. And remember, there are no vegetarian foods that get all the proteins your body needs to survive (lentils come close, but they are still ONE protein type short).

Vegetarian diets may feel good for a few weeks or months, but you will be doing long term damage to your body if you keep it up. Just be careful! Remember, the body makes you feel "good" when you are starving just to make you last longer til your next meal.

The vegitarian part came before the diet part. I choose to become a vegitarian for moral reasons along with health reasons. I do though eat cage free vegitarian eggs and alot of them, because I don't think the egg had to suffer a horrible death cause it was never fertilized :). I have been a vegitatarian for several months now, not only does that thought of meat make me wanna puke, but I just miss nothing about it at all. Thanks though for the advice
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 9 workouts in 5 days now for the past 9 weeks.. You just eat really healthy and not do strength training on the same muscles everyday and you are fine. I work with very qualified trainers and nutritionist so I am not worried. I went through the same BS with all of my friends also. I feel amazing I am beginning to look amazing and love it. Just today alone I will have 1800 exercise calories...and again on friday. Take your off days and I always take the whole weekend off from any activity.

Just my thoughts...