Heart rate monitor

deb1981
deb1981 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm looking to purchase a heart rate monitor, but there just seems too many to pick from. If anyone could advise which ones work best would be great. :-)

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    love my Polar FT4 with chest strap.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Most say that Polar is a good brand. I have a Timex and it seems to over estimate calories burned. I use the HRM's reading but only because I don't eat my exercise calories so it really doesn't matter. The Timex seems to be accurate in recording the heart rate though and was fairly cheap on Ebay.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Polar FT 7
  • I am looking for a monitor that measures calories burned. The one I have now only measures it say if you are running or biking outside. If you are on a stationary bike or taking a fitness class it measures everything but claories burned
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Polar FT 7

That's what I've got and I love it.

My best suggestion is to get one with a chest strap...they tend to be more accurate; the Polar's chest strap is very comfortable and moves with you.
  • Polar F6 (pink)...love it! Check out amazon.com, pretty good deals usually.
  • I have the Polar F6 in pink too! Got mine on Overstock.com - it wasnt that pricey
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    I did a bit of research before buying and narrowed it to Timex and Polar. Seemed that a very popular Timex on Amazon has some durability issues and overall calorie burn accuracy problems. Polars said to be top in the accuracy stakes and comfortable.

Polar FT4 and FT7 seem to be very popular with MFPers that I have seen. I ended up with a FT7 and it has been brilliant.

Cheers
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    I have the Polar FT7 too, its very comfortable and seems pretty accurate :) I love it
  • deb1981
    deb1981 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you everyone! Polar seems to be most popular and with good reviews.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Im another for Polar , I have the FT4. Its very good
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Go Polar!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's.

I have a Polar FS3 from about 4 or 5 years ago and mine does not calculate calories. I do believe the newer HRM's calculate calories.

I'm actually thinking of getting a newer one, which will probably be Polar - just not sure which one. Trying to decide between the FT7 or maybe the FT40 ??
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Team Polar here as well LOL - I have the FT4 and it's brilliant :smile:
This discussion has been closed.