Gained 0.6 lbs

Options
Hi everyone i have been going down an ounce or two a day .. i am doing the slim fast plan. But yesterday i had two meals instead of one which i went over my calories by 200 i didnt think it was a big deal. but today i weighed 0.6 lbs more than yesterday..
is this due to me

eating like at 8PM ( i'm usually done eating by 6pm)
or i didn't drink much water yesterday??

I did do my daily exercises and didnt really eat into those calories ( just the 200)

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound---nuff said. It is most likely just fluid retention. Don't sweat and keep on track.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dont stress about it!! half a pound is nothing it could have been the
    clothes you were wearing!!!

hope your feeling better about things tomorrow
    xx
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    .6 lbs is insignificant to worry about. Your weight will fluctuate and even if you do everything right your scale will go up and down.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hey there, one day going 200 calories over won't really do that. Weight can fluctuate for a lot of different reasons, especially for women. Weigh yourself throughout the day. It won't be the same every time! And make sure not to drop your calories too fast... it can actually cause you to stop losing weight for a little while.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Step away from the scale.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Most likely to be one of two things: 1.) Fluid retention from too much salt and not enough water, or even more likely, 2.) Food "in transit" in your body. Drink a bunch of water and tomorrow you'll be back down to size!
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly.
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have learnt to just weigh once a week at the same time-for me it is monday morning--i have learnt that i can vary about 2 to 3 lbs through the week for the above reasons--its a waste of time trying to weigh every day!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @de1amo - yup Once a week under the same conditions - time of day, clothes, and so on. Try not to get fixated on daily weighs. If you have a trend in the right direction over weeks then all good.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    yup!
    Step away from the scale.