Here I go...

Options
Hi All,

I am new to this site, was told about it by my God-sister. I have been struggling with my weight for the past 12 years and I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I am hoping that this site can be a great tool but I know the work is all up to me. Tired of giving up, I know I deserve better! Looking forward to a positive life change, praying my mind stays in it. Best wishes for everyone here.

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just wanted to welcome you to the site. You will love and appreciate all the support and motivation that you will find here. I'm trying to NOT have high blood pressure(family history) and also get my A!C down because I also have a family history of diabetes. I've not had any problems with these issues all my life until I gained this extra 50 pounds so I'm trying to get it right and you can too. I wish you much success and once again you will love going to the forums and gaining new friends to talk to. The ppl here are great and I truly enjoy chatting with everyone on my home page. Good luck, you can do this and you can add me if you like. :happy:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you :)
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love this site!! If you need a friend I am here. Good luck on your journey!!
  • natashamots
    Options
    Good Luck! This site is so helpful and everyone is kind and supportive:)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on reaching your goal!!
  • Rembrandt9
    Rembrandt9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am well over 100 lbs overweight and I have been overweight for I dunno how long in my lifetime. Yeah I am ready for this..I was recommended by a friend to start looks like a great place to work with. :flowerforyou:
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also have BP problems but it's getting better! Watch your sodium intake & drink plenty of water. That and losing weight has really brought mine down! Good luck!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    welcome friend.....this is an awesome place to receive support and motivation. i joined in january and love it here. it is a lifestyle change and will take me a very long time. i have 190 pounds to still lose and know that after all the things i have tried and failed at before that this will take me about a year or more. feel free to friend me if you choose and we can take this journey together. good luck to you and i wish you sucess!:flowerforyou:
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! Just stay motivated and take it one day at a time, you can do it. I know your struggle and also know it it is possible to reach your goal. I am now 50lbs down in one year. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. :smile:
  • ShaWhitt
    ShaWhitt Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow, The response here is great and I've just started! Thank you to all the well wishers :smile:
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Enjoy.
  • ShaWhitt
    Options
    Well, looks like we're getting on the right track. If you would like to add me, please feel free. I am excited to give as well as receive encouragement. :happy:
  • sbanders
    sbanders Posts: 23
    Options
    I've been here since Feb and love it.. Welcome and I'd love to be friends..
  • triciaw1975
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am fairly new also. Please feel free to freind me! :)
  • karla1083
    karla1083 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome! Good Luck on your Journey!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I have been on since January 2011 and have lost 21 pounds. I love it! I'll be your friend.
  • MrGoodThings
    MrGoodThings Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ShaWhitt (I suppose that's short for something fancy and elegant like, Shannelle Whittenshire right?) well, anyway, Sha, I have no doubt that all of your daily efforts will bring daily rewards for you!

I can tell that your mind is SET - Great, 'cause it's all in the mind (the drive to stick with it and to think, "Sacrifice!").

I am currently losing about 2 to 3 pounds per week by:
    1) Briskly walking no less than 3 MILES - EVERY DAY (That's approx 42 min) - Remember: Sacrifice!
    2) Eating ALWAYS LITTLE --BUT--ALWAYS HEALTHY + BALANCED - It's ALL about CALORIES!!!! Cut'em! - Remeber: Sacrifice!
    (By Sacrifice! I don't mean 'go hungry.' If you're hungry, get a bite! BUT just a bite...not three! It means Control. That's Sacrifice!)

THAT'S IT - No Pills, no Gym, no Team, no expenses! Just me and MY goal.

DAILY JOY! - Everyday I weigh myself (I got a doctor's 'scale for $20 at a garage sale) and I see the drop in weight.

It took my body and mind a bit of effort to start after the "bingy" winter season... but I am back on the road. If you have an Android smartphone, install the following FOUR FREE Phone Applications: CARDIO TRAINER (to tell you Miles walked and Calories burned), PANDORA (to enjoy your favorite music while you walk), MY FITNESS PAL (of course, to log ALL your meals on the go), and finally LIBRA WEIGHT MANAGEMENT (to log your weight daily and view it in a professional chart that tells you how much you REALLY weight, that is, your 10 day average. This LIBRA chart is everything to me.)

Commit your goals in prayer to the Lord and don't look back ever again! Bye Sha!
  • ShaWhitt
    Options
    :smile: Thank you for the encouragement, advice and recommendations. The last line being the absolute best! Stay blessed!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thank you for the encouragement, advice and recommendations. The last line being the absolute best! Stay blessed!

You're a Navy wife, do you have a gym at the nearest base? I love that it's free, I go almost ever day & if I can't I pop in a Jillian Michsel's DVD at home
  • ShaWhitt
    Options
    I do not go to the gym on base, right now it's too much of a drive for me mentally : ) I do plan on it once I become stronger and more motivated. I live in a beautiful neighborhood, so I have started walking and looking at the scenery. I also have alot of equipment here at home, elliptical, bike, total gym, etc. I guess my problem is I barely use them, but that will change :smile: