depressed

Options
Today is one of those days I would like to dig into the Dibs in the freezer and have a couple Mt Dews. It is not that I haven't had results but just tired of being inside. Also have a headache. When I have gotten these in the past I have ate a Snickers and drank a Pepsi. Ate more then I wanted too over the weekend(had friends over twice) so need to watch better today. Between yelling at the dogs and trying to stay out of the kitchen I just feel like going back to bed.

Replies

• kcran
    kcran Posts: 18
    Options
    Today is one of those days I would like to dig into the Dibs in the freezer and have a couple Mt Dews. It is not that I haven't had results but just tired of being inside. Also have a headache. When I have gotten these in the past I have ate a Snickers and drank a Pepsi. Ate more then I wanted too over the weekend(had friends over twice) so need to watch better today. Between yelling at the dogs and trying to stay out of the kitchen I just feel like going back to bed.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up:happy: I had a horrible weekend as well....and have been feeling it today! Try taking a walk, or just stepping outside, that might brighten your day!! I told myself this morning ok this is a new week....time to get back on track!! You will be okay:smile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So what is stopping you from going outside? Just take a 15 minute walk, it doesn't have to be long. Go breathe some fresh air! If its sunny where you are all the better, you get some vitamin d. Cmon now get moving:bigsmile:
  • kw8man
    kw8man Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel you, i stepped on the scale this weekend and almost cried. I have gained 30 pounds since i last stepped on the scale 8 months ago!! That is why i joined this site today and saw other people are going through just what i am!! Try to look at the positives in your life, go take a walk, and keep your head up!! Things will be ok :o)
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    :smile: Everyone has a bad one just shake it off and find an outlet, sounds easy and I know somtimes it's not and can be frustrating but you can do it. Walk, go window shopping, go on a drive, or even change around the furnature.
    Bob:drinker:
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    I can sympathize with you. I feel terrible today. Everything feels pointless. Sorry, that's not the most inspirational message, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.
  • Dena
    Dena Posts: 12
    Options
    I understand. Don't give up! That is easy and I know you will do better. Let's not say you are having a bad day, but some bad moments.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too low...just know tomorrow's another day and you can make it better. This coming from a person who is quite depressed at times but I dont want to be that way.

You are here for the long hall...no worries. Take a bath, read a book, go for a little stroll, window shopping, have some juice (antioxident ones).
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi!

What is keeping you inside?

I had one of those days just a couple days ago. I came online to get encouragement, it helped some but wasn't enough. I had to do something that kept my mind and body busy, if you can't go outside for a walk (that's part of what I did) then try doing some housework. Just do your best to get your mind on something else! YOU CAN DO IT!! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Patty
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, but remember you will probably feel guilty for binging and then you will feel worse. Think about your progress and how wonderful you will feel. Have a good cry if you need to and then go for a walk or something!! And know that we are here to support you!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kcran
    Options
    It is really easy to say go take a walk - sounds great :bigsmile: I hate the cold, the grayness. The sun was shining but still 20' I have two layers of clothes on inside, did go out and break the ice on the goldfish pond. Now colder.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Today's a new day. Take advantage of that. There will be ups and downs. You control them.
    Forget about the bad, smile and start the good..
  • pink125
    pink125 Posts: 16
    Options
    I know how you feel. Been there done that. But, like everyone said today is a new day. and, if you have enough calories go ahead and have that soda and candy bar this is a life style not a punishment.
    Good luck!
    Pink
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    didn't mean to get you mad just wanted to get you moving:ohwell: sorry I'll leave you alone.
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try taking a hot bubble bath. Let the bubbles and hot water ease away your tension. I was "bad" this weekend and was afraid to get on the scale today. I didn't want to ruin my day before it had even started! Hang in there!!! :flowerforyou:
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think we've all had days like that. I know I certainly do!! What I usually do is take some time out to do something I really like doing- whether it be a movie, favorite TV show, bubble bath, crossword puzzle, good book, whatever you like to do- Treat yourself if only for an hour or so. If you want to go 'hide' in bed and think, do it! Really, sometimes it helps just to give ourselves a time out like that.

The best thing though is that you came here instead of turning to food! That's a positive step!
    Take care of yourself! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kcran
    Options
    A bubble bath sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had some surgery and no baths till stiches dissolved. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • kcran
    Options
    I do appreciate all the comments. Thank You all!!!:flowerforyou: Not upset with anyone. Really just miss going to workand being constantly busy. Time to go whip up some dinner. Think I will make some vegetable soup with all the vegies I can find. Some nice warm comfort food. Thank you all again.
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    I do appreciate all the comments. Thank You all!!!:flowerforyou: Not upset with anyone. Really just miss going to workand being constantly busy. Time to go whip up some dinner. Think I will make some vegetable soup with all the vegies I can find. Some nice warm comfort food. Thank you all again.
    Speaking of comfort foods... those Mock mashed potatoes do the trick!!
    Turn on your favorite music while your cooking, maybe it will give you a bounce. Good Luck.
    Jill