Just so you know...

Options

Replies

• ms61840
    Options
    Thanks Shannon!
    I have to have a box headed to Iraq by Nov 21!
    Any ideas what to put in it!?!?
    I got movies, game, cards, book....... I worry about "goodies" because that is a long time for them to hold up. :grumble:

Is he in barracks or does he have his own space??

He has mentioned that he'll be in a trailer with another of his group.

Maybe a nice framed picture of you would help boost his spirits. :wink:

I am getting some photos with my kiddo....
    I was thinking of doing some....special...classy retro pin up pics this spring/summer (depending on weight loss) for before he comes home. Too much? Weird? I am close to talking myself out of it.

Not weird at all! Go for it!! It would be cool to do black n white. Also, not sure how old your kiddo is, but have you thought about getting a smal voice recorder (some Hallmark cards have them) and including your kiddo singing a song or saying a poem from school or something like that? Of course, a nice message from you, too! He could take it out and feel and instant connection with you guys whenever he is feeling homesick or lonely.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shannon!
    I got movies, game, cards, book....... I worry about "goodies" because that is a long time for them to hold up. :grumble:

I am getting some photos with my kiddo....
    I was thinking of doing some....special...classy retro pin up pics this spring/summer (depending on weight loss) for before he comes home. Too much? Weird? I am close to talking myself out of it.

Not weird at all! Go for it!! It would be cool to do black n white. Also, not sure how old your kiddo is, but have you thought about getting a smal voice recorder (some Hallmark cards have them) and including your kiddo singing a song or saying a poem from school or something like that? Of course, a nice message from you, too! He could take it out and feel and instant connection with you guys whenever he is feeling homesick or lonely.

The pics were an idea of another military spouse...the place I'd get them done is in CO Springs...they kind of "specialize" in it.... I am talking my brother into going to make sure I don't get lost or stolen.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shannon!

Yep get some nice sexy pics done up!!!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Think 'art' ...think best (favorite) body part...you gotta have some part that could be done up in sepia (a warm brownish) or B&W.... The curve of the back of your neck, shoulder, cleavage...just one part. Ankles in sexy shoes. The Picnik site does wonders, change colors, soft focus, all kinds of neat stuff. Even if the whole picture is too curvy for your taste I'll bet he'd love a hint....

Shoot, you want some help PM me and we'll see what we can come up with.

88dd71f0.jpg
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Think 'art' ...think best (favorite) body part...you gotta have some part that could be done up in sepia (a warm brownish) or B&W.... The curve of the back of your neck, shoulder, cleavage...just one part. Ankles in sexy shoes. The Picnik site does wonders, change colors, soft focus, all kinds of neat stuff. Even if the whole picture is too curvy for your taste I'll bet he'd love a hint....

Shoot, you want some help PM me and we'll see what we can come up with.

YAY!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    While i was deployed I liked/loved getting a box filled with notes and things from back home... as for goodies... no matter what you send he will share... its just the way we all are.
    I had chocolate chip cookies make it ok at this time of the year...skip the breads and cakes they seem to die in transit. We got a box of Hostess cupcakes and things... awesome trading material :)
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Bah Humbug :grumble: I can't even afford to buy everyone candycanes or cards this year :sad: :sad: Ya know, with the fiance being laid off n all....But that's ok...it's not all that Chrismas is about...:drinker: Family, Friends, and :drinker: ...:laugh: Even though we wont make it up to OH to see the family, some of them plan on coming down the week before or after so I'm excited :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Bah Humbug :grumble: I can't even afford to buy everyone candycanes or cards this year :sad: :sad: Ya know, with the fiance being laid off n all....But that's ok...it's not all that Chrismas is about...:drinker: Family, Friends, and :drinker: ...:laugh: Even though we wont make it up to OH to see the family, some of them plan on coming down the week before or after so I'm excited :drinker:

Well you & the fiance can spend a lovely day exchanging......:bigsmile: :blushing: :smokin:

kisses....angel4.gif
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I heard on the food network that Almond Roca was originally made to ship overseas because they fill the canisters with nitrogen in order to keep the candy "fresh" for long periods of time. I know I LOVE Almond Roca - the stuff is yummy!

I also 2nd Ezzie's idea. I just love the black/white pictures - maybe have a sheet draped around you, and leave your back bare and have the picture capture your face in profile with your nude back - that would be some motivation for him, lol! They have places that specialize in this stuff and they can show you different poses, etc.

Sounds like fun - I want to do this too!! LOL. Christmas is coming up....
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

Well you & the fiance can spend a lovely day exchanging......:bigsmile: :blushing: :smokin:

kisses....angel4.gif

Yeah....Kisses :smooched: :drinker: :devil: :bigsmile: :smokin:
  • Ezzie
    Options
    Could be lots of fun......find a place where we can share our pictures. Oh, the ideas running around in my head.....both naughty and nice. Even the naughty ones would'nt make Mrs. Claus blush...too much.

Candy canes, holly.....garland....all kinds of fun. Use that red table cloth as a drape.....and a string of Christmas lights....Those big bows.....oh my!

000200AE.gif
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Could be lots of fun......find a place where we can share our pictures. Oh, the ideas running around in my head.....both naughty and nice. Even the naughty ones would'nt make Mrs. Claus blush...too much.

Candy canes, holly.....garland....all kinds of fun. Use that red table cloth as a drape.....and a string of Christmas lights....Those big bows.....oh my!

:laugh: :blushing:

Thanks you guys!
    He's not into chocolate (thankfully!) I am gonna make him some Macadamia Nut cookies tomorrow since those are his favorite.
  • Ezzie
    Options
    I have a really good recipe for molasses cookies...the old fashioned kind.....bet he can use the calories!! Let me know if you want it. (Yummmmmmy!)
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I have a really good recipe for molasses cookies...the old fashioned kind.....bet he can use the calories!! Let me know if you want it. (Yummmmmmy!)

I'd love it! As they mentioned I am sure anything I send will be shared. It will get there a week or so after they've settled in.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't start shopping until I realize it's almost Christmas and I haven't gotten anyone anything yet. I'm best under pressure! Besides moo-la is tight so it'll probably be stocking stuffer items :cry: They'll love me anyway right? :smooched:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I don't start shopping until I realize it's almost Christmas and I haven't gotten anyone anything yet. I'm best under pressure! Besides moo-la is tight so it'll probably be stocking stuffer items :cry: They'll love me anyway right? :smooched:

I don't know about them, but I will. :blushing: :smooched:

How you doing, sweetie??
  • mholmes
    Options

I don't know about them, but I will. :blushing: :smooched:

How you doing, sweetie??

That's not the kind of stuffing I was talkin about :wink: But i'll pick somethin else special fer ya :smokin:

I'm alright... Daily fatigue , muscle cramps, headaches and overall achyness but I'm great! No wretching so I'm peachy! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    No wretching so I'm peachy! :flowerforyou:

Yep, I remember when that was the measure of a good day. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    Options
    No wretching so I'm peachy! :flowerforyou:

Yep, I remember when that was the measure of a good day. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Good day?! Good three months!! I have puked once!! :drinker: :drinker: (knock on wood) I've dealt with everything else with greatfullness because of that - except the boob thing. Wasn't overly happy about rolling over in the middle of the night and feeling like someone slammed a bat into my chest :grumble: , but hey... It's for the chilrens right :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    you've only got 48 more shopping days till Christmas. :bigsmile:

Happy Thursday! :smile:

I normally start shopping in August, but with the economy tanking, I have a feeling most of my extended family gatherings will be name drawings, so I haven't bought a thing as of yet.

BTW, due to divorces and remarriages, we have FOUR immediate family Christmases to attend! Thanksgiving is even worse... all that turkey!