Inspirational Quotes...Feel free to add on! :o)

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.

If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.

It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. I :heart: this one!! oh so true!!!!

these are all by Eleanor Roosevelt

oh I so love all her quotes... you've chosen some really special ones...thanks SO much for sharing:heart:

I was reading through her quotes and I just looked up to my hubby and said I just love Eleanor Roosevelt. She has said some amazing things. I look up to her and try to live by most of these quotes.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My dad wrote me a short letter and sent me some money a couple days ago because times have been so tough...I even had to hand-wash my laundry in the bathtub. :embarassed: The letter said:

"'Tough times don't last, but tough people do'...and you are TOUGH." :smile:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    "There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"--Beverly Sills
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    "You may one day regret the decisions you make today!' Right after she said " Dont eat that doughnut!"
    my dear mother-RIP

"A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"
    unknown

" Our family is the most under-educated over-acheivers I have ever met!"
    My Uncle Jimmy on his 80'th birthday
    somehow this inspires me. :huh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane
    J. Buffett

:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I think this one is such a beautiful one........

To live gratitude is to touch heaven.
    -Johannes A. Gaertner
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Not so much an inspiration but a nice reminder when things get tough....

"Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave."
    Disney's Madagascar
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    These are my current favorites - they change depending on the challenges I'm facing.

"Don't quit, dammit!" Mary Liquouri

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive in a pretty well-preserved body. Rather you should skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proclaiming loudly, "Wow, what a ride!"" Unknown Runner

"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least." Goethe

"We do not stop playing because we are old. We grow old because we stop playing." Unknown
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Not so much an inspiration but a nice reminder when things get tough....

"Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave."
    Disney's Madagascar
    tee hee hee... I like that! Course if I said that when I needed to more recently out loud to myself...well, I'd have looked a bit nutty. But really nutty folks are what makes the world go round...so I'm among good company:drinker:

Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Start by doing what's neccesary, then what's possible,
    and suddenly you're doing the impossible."
    - Saint Francis
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou: One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today:flowerforyou: . ~Dale Carnegie

If you wait for tomorrow, tomorrow comes. If you don't wait for tomorrow, tomorrow comes. ~Senegalese Proverb

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. :heart: ~Fr. Alfred D'Souza

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.:wink: ~Abraham Lincoln

Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.:cry: ~Stephen Vincent Benét

Fear not that life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning. :cry: ~John Henry Cardinal Newman

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.:flowerforyou: ~Annie Dillard, The Writing Life
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I'm a quote fanatic! In case it's not been apparent yet.:laugh:

So glad so many of you have jumped in and joined up and shared as well...please continue...so many are inspiring, though provoking, often times exactly the one we need at the very moment we pop on!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

you guys ROCK big TIME:heart:
  • EJWoolcock
    Options
    "Choose your attitude" - this reminds me that it is up to me how I react. I can choose to let it get me down, or I can choose to learn, grow, and find the positive. I choose to be strong, I choose to be determined, I choose to find the good in things!!:happy:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    It's probably not very inspirational, but I love it anyways...

A happy ending is still an ending.... Gregory Maguire, Son of a Witch

Here's one that we used in our wedding favors (pens)...

Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love happens and creates a fairy tale... I don't know who said it though
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Choose your attitude" - this reminds me that it is up to me how I react. I can choose to let it get me down, or I can choose to learn, grow, and find the positive. I choose to be strong, I choose to be determined, I choose to find the good in things!!:happy:

I love it....so TRUE too!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go about pitying myself, and all the while, I am being carried across the sky by beautiful clouds.
    Ojibway Indian expression

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
    Johnny Cash
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Sometimes I go about pitying myself, and all the while, I am being carried across the sky by beautiful clouds.

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
    Johnny Cash
    Beautiful!:flowerforyou:

also the 2nd one....exactly what I needed to hear at this very moment...thank you!!:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship."
    Louisa May Alcott
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options

Johnny Cash

also the 2nd one....exactly what I needed to hear at this very moment...thank you!!:heart:
    You're welcome!! The quotes here are awesome....I've decided to visit this post every morning to read them!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Johnny Cash

You're welcome!! The quotes here are awesome....I've decided to visit this post every morning to read them!!
    [/quote

It's a really positive place.... so many great quotes are shared by some pretty aweome MFP'ers here!

I find quotes so empowering, whether they be humorous, deep, moving etc....they all have something to say to someone!:flowerforyou:

Glad you're checkin in each day...:happy: :happy: :happy: