Lunch Ideas

Options
I am kind of picky when it comes to lunch foods...

Don't like mayo, cheese, or mustard.

I end up with really naked sandwiches!

My standards are PB&J, lean pockets, reduced fat blueberry muffin or a bagel with peanut butter.

I want to try and stick to around 300 calories for lunch. Any good ideas? I am just soo bored!

Replies

• DjBliss05
    Options
    I am kind of picky when it comes to lunch foods...

Don't like mayo, cheese, or mustard.

I end up with really naked sandwiches!

My standards are PB&J, lean pockets, reduced fat blueberry muffin or a bagel with peanut butter.

I want to try and stick to around 300 calories for lunch. Any good ideas? I am just soo bored!
  • Have you tried any healthy choice soups? I think you can eat an entire can for around 200 calories or so. I like having that now that it's getting colder...I'm also in a lunch rut, so I'll be watching this for good ideas!
    Heidi
  • msblondy16
    Options
    I always always always eat dinner leftovers! I usually have about a 1/2 cup of cooked rice (about 100 cals) and some sort of meat for my protein. pasta is also good but watch the portion! i like to put in a bunch of chopped veggies to make it more filling but lessens the cals. soup is also a really good option, or yogurt with granola or cottage cheese (if that is a cheese you like). Happy lunching! :flowerforyou:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    do you like tuna? I eat a lot of tuna, salads, and the healthy choice soups someone already mentioned (progresso has good ones too). Since you don't mayo or mustard you can mix tuna with light ranch or itailian dressing, add some pickles or olives, tomatoes and cucumbers, you can even get creative and do parmesan cheese (only adds like 20 cals and yummy ) I like jalapenos too. Add some wheat crackers or a peice of toast and you've got a full meal. A whole can of light tuna in water is only 100 calories, and those ad ins I mentioned aren't many at all-you'd be well under 300.

I also eat a lot of salads (cafeteria) and I play around with those, doing different beans like kidney and garbonzo or black beans, I mix salsa with some oil and vinegar for dressing (25 calories) and just go to town on veggies. I squeeze a lemon wedge over my lettuce before I ad anything else-it just makes it zesty. There are also a lot of soups you can make for low calories and keep on hand or freeze some. Google some recipies.