Embarrassing question...

Options
2»

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    So I am in my 3rd week of C25k and im wondering... what and the heck do you do for chafing aka "Chub rub" LMFAO... like seriously... I can not wait until my thighs stop touching so i dont have to worry about this crap....

I have compression shorts.... and it works well... but it makes my shorts slide down... one of my friends suggested vasaline... but that would leave oil stains.

so... ideas?

Haha some friends and I just had a chub rub convo yesterday and one of them said rubbing solid deodorant in that are really helps!
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    I like to call it chief rubbing thighs and goldbond is awesome for it
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Deodorant works great!
  • amyherfst
    Options
    For chaffing "anywhere!" I use glide it's in the for of a deoderant stick. (get it at a local running/sports store) Vaseline or chapstick work too,
  • suzannemc
    Options
    Bodyglide stick. It is made just for this. You don't want to use a drying agent like cornstarch as that will only intensify the pain and chafe. I wear it on my inner thighs, under my bra and on my toes when running. It works great. Get it at any sporting goods store.
  • jrbb0309
    jrbb0309 Posts: 55
    Options
    Huge thumbs up for the body glide. I've used it for really long hikes and really intense workouts and it works the whole time.
  • BrodiesMom2008
    Options
    this is going to sound weird but deodorant will help stop it if you dont have baby powder lying around and feel like using something you already have around the house
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Baby powder or corn starch..
    yuppyupp

&;; if your cheap like me, lol. flour.

Or, if you have a little something to spend..I don't go 5 minutes without some Silky Underwear on..I'm addicted!

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/body/dusting-powders/

Also etsy.com is a good place to find some nice scented body powders that don't have cornstarch in them.
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise guys... this has to be one of MFP most epic forms... LMFAO...

I couldn't stop laughing at all the post...

Im going to buy some body glide today before my run...

Here is to chub rub... lol.