any suggestions?!

Options
Hello everyone!

I need some suggestions for quick on the go snacks. My schedules Tues & Thurs is hectic, I tend to grab whatever is near then when I get home from school @ 10pm I am hungry :/

I work 730-330
School 420-950

So I grab a quick dinner by 4pm, so I can make it to class, BUT as you can imagine I am so hungry by my 2nd class starting at 7:10pm even more when I am finally home by 10.

Any suggestions would help!! Thanks! :)

Replies

• angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    grapes, bananas, granola bars, cheese sticks, yogurts, mixed nuts.... If you like veggies, some carrot sticks with hummus
  • buckigirl
    buckigirl Posts: 10
    Options
    Try a good protein shake...it is easy and should hold you for about 3 hours. I also snack on animal crackers, protein bars (Fiber 1 bars are good) and fruit. If you do the protein shakes buy a shaker bottle....just ask for it at any GNC or like store...they will know wht you are talking about.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    nuts, fruit, celery with PB
  • ninjasmami
    Options
    Fresh fruit. My hubby works for fresh and easy so I get free containers of cut fruit but when he doesnt bring it home I go to costco buy strawberries, pineapple, melons to munch on.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    ALMONDS! I swear by nuts to keep me full. To give you an extra burst of energy - do almonds with an apple. Apples have been shown to wake you up better than caffeine.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i second the ALMONDS !!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I third the almonds with an apple, easy to carry in your pack to school without needing a cooler!
  • KarlaColvin
    Options
    I will def go buy some today. Apple will be great too for energy since I am usually exhausted by my 2nd class! thanks everyone :)
  • TessieDue
    Options
    I have a simular schedule. I like to bring raw almonds or baby carrots and humus. Sometimes I bring a small salad sprinkeled with a crumbly cheese, like feta or blue (I don't use dressing). And some days I get a small fat free latte - lattes fill me up!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I almost always carry an apple and string cheese when I am going to be out of the house for more than an hour or so in case I get hungry. Neither seems to suffer much from not being in a fridge for that long. The fiber in the apple and protein in the cheese can really help you feel full and give you some good energy!