Shocked

Options
shefly
shefly Posts: 81 Member
One of my firends encouraged me to join this website to get a total picture of why I'm not losing weight. I excerise and eat pretty healthy but my scale is staying the same. Wow! I didn't know my problem was "healthy" eating. One of my salads topped the calorie scale at 440 calories. Yikes! Thank you "myfitnesspal' for providing this great website. Now, I'll be able to reach my goals with your help.

Replies

• Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Crazy to see the difference between what you thought was healthy and what actually is, isn't it? I thought the same thing when I first started counting calories :)
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're so right...thanks for responding.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I truly is an eye-opener when you see just how much you consume. I started here in August just like you. Pretty fit, exercised alot (A LOT!) and thought I was really good with what I ate but the scale just kept going the other way. I started keeping a food diary to take to my doctor because I was just sure it was my metabolism. Boy was I surprised! 23 lbs. later it's amazing the difference when you know how much you are really eating! Welcome to MFP, you'll love it!
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This website is a wake up call. I remember thinking I ate really healthy until I looked it up on MFP. I had the same problem, scale was barely moving except going up, and I was eating healthy so I thought. This is a great site and I am so glad I found it, I am down 3.2 llbs. but I am also doing Weight Watcher I am on my second week and love it.... Good Luck to you.
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm with you. When I started paying close attention to what I was eating I was shocked at what I thought was healthy before. Knowledge really is power. :happy: Now everytime someone makes a salad that is coming in over 500 calories I just want to warn them that it's not as healthy as they think it is.
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    i was the same way when i started . it was just amazing to see how bad some of the choices i were that i was making. one was over 700 cal i almost fell in the floor when i say that one no wonder i wasn't losing. thanks to mfp i have lost every week since joining. YAY !
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yep, this site can be a real eye opener when you enter things that you would "think" are healthier choices.
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    by the way i don't talk like that lol! it's posting using this crazy phone guess i should have proof read lol
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I received that same shock too. It came right after the "A single portion is WHAT?!" shock, hehehe.
  • DJBug
    DJBug Posts: 22
    Options
    You would think, being a nurse, I would know better, but it really is amazing what you can "justify' to yourself as "healthy" or an "OK" choice....putting on paper (or in this case on line?) really keeps you accountable....at least that's what I'm hoping for! Good luck on your journey!