Hello from Sunny South Florida!

Options
Hi there! I'm a new member and thought I'd come introduce myself quickly.

My name is Faith, I'm from South Florida and currently studying to become a secondary social studies teacher! I will be graduating in December of 2012 and cannot wait. More importantly, I'm marrying my best friend, Max, on 12/22/12. We've been together for 5 years and known each other for 9 years- we can't wait!

I joined MyFittnessPal because of the wedding and simply because I've gained about 30 pounds since college. I'm tall (5'9") so the extra weight isn't too obvious but I'm ready to loose it! Currently, I'm at 170 and my goal weight is my high school weight- 145.

I'm looking forward to chatting and losing with you all!

Replies

• Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to be. I'm originally from South Florida and moved to Missery (Missouri) in 96. Hope you keep logging in and tracking and make sure to get friends for support. You can add me as a friend for support.
  • faithcaitlin
    faithcaitlin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to be. I'm originally from South Florida and moved to Missery (Missouri) in 96. Hope you keep logging in and tracking and make sure to get friends for support. You can add me as a friend for support.
    Thank you! I sent you a request!
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    you will be there in no time! im new to the site also and can already see what a huge help it is tracking everything. happy losing :)
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi there fellow South Floridian, I live in Miami! and I joined the site about two weeks ago and it has helped me sooooo much! Feel free to add me if you like. BTW, a wedding is a great motivator, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    What part of South Florida? I always thought of South Florida being Miami and the lower third of the state, but then I found the University of South Florida and was confused because it is in Tampa which I've always thought of as Central Florida. Hopefully, if things go according to plan, I will be at the University of South Florida in about a year to work on my Graduate work in Exercise Science and Physical Therapy. Currently, I'm in South Georgia, so it won't be far to move. ;)

Fitting in exercise while going to school is tough, but I'm sure you can do it. Congratulations on the wedding!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    request sent. good luck to you!
  • faithcaitlin
    faithcaitlin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What part of South Florida? I always thought of South Florida being Miami and the lower third of the state, but then I found the University of South Florida and was confused because it is in Tampa which I've always thought of as Central Florida. Hopefully, if things go according to plan, I will be at the University of South Florida in about a year to work on my Graduate work in Exercise Science and Physical Therapy. Currently, I'm in South Georgia, so it won't be far to move. ;)

Fitting in exercise while going to school is tough, but I'm sure you can do it. Congratulations on the wedding!
    I'm from the West Palm area! Yeah, the whole "South Florida" term is confusing. The way I always took it was Palm Beach county and south BUT USF does invalidate that theory!! ;) Tampa is pretty me central FL to me though!

Best of luck to you! Florida is a great place to live!!

Thank you to all for the warm welcomes!