Help me guuyysss

Options
Jovialation
Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
http://www.theram.com/menus/illinois/rosemont.shtml

So Im likely to be going to dinner here tonight. Bf will be home in like 2 hours and then I'll know. I'd like to go here, I love the place.
BUT! What do you think is a good idea to eat.
DO NOT tell me "take a free day" because I'm pretty much going out every night this week with good reason.

I have about 1100 calories left. Thoughts? I'm starting to think maybe I should go work out some more.

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When you get there I'd ask for a Nutritional Menu and then use your best judgement. Probably just drink water and that will help.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Some things I would consider

ALASKA WILD SOCKEYE SALMON
    CHICKEN ALMOND SALAD, dressing on the side
    BIG HORN SPINACH SALAD, dressing on the side
    TERIYAKI GLAZED CHICKEN

I think the salmon is the best bet. Hope they cook it right.
  • mcboyd1983
    Options
    Spinach salad or hummus with veggies are your best choices.
  • Shakedra01
    Options
    When you get home from dinner, take a walk.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    When you get there I'd ask for a Nutritional Menu and then use your best judgement. Probably just drink water and that will help.

Good point. The Ram is a big chain, so they very well may have the nutritional info.

Also, if you're feeling bold you can just request they make you a simple grilled chicken with veggies.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Lean protein and veggies
  • mrsanne
    mrsanne Posts: 19
    Options
    The Thai chicken salad sounds good and may not be as calorie full as other things. taso42 has great ideas, you cannot go wrong with salmon. Stay away from the fried stuff!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I shouldve mentioned that I hate seafood, eh?

Thanks, tho! Good suggestions. I do love me some chicken.
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Relax and make some good choices, then get back on the exercise horse tomorrow. If you're out all week, exercise more, even if it's just a few extra walks. Don't beat yourself up and pace yourself, you'll get there!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    No appetizers!

Thai Chicken salad looks good (put the dressing on the side and no fried noodles)
    Chicken Almond salad too (dressing on side)
    Big Horn spinach salad (again, dressing on side)
    Alaska Wild Sockeye Salmon

I'd pretty much stick to one of those four. Being a meat eater, I'd go for the salmon and ask them to make sure they aren't cooking the veggies in butter or oil and replace the rice with a dinner salad (dressing on the side of course). :)
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    HUMMUS & VEGGIES
    Garbanzo beans, garlic, fresh lemon. With fresh-cut vegetables, flat bread and tortilla chips 7.99

THAI CHICKEN
    Grilled, sliced chicken breast, chopped green leaf and Romaine, red bell, celery, cilantro, wonton strip, fried noodle, pineapple-mango salsa. Peanut ginger dressing 11.99

Boneless fillet, troll caught, all-natural and wild. Served with seasonal rice and veggies. Blackened or Simply Grilled 16.99 I LOVE sockeye salmon
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    appetizer-- hummus and veggies
    Spinach salad w/ no croutons and dressing on the side
    Grilled Salmon
    chicken fajitas with no guacamole, or cheese
    The Asian salad is ok but no crispy noodles and dressing on the side

Enjoy the evening. We all have to learn to adapt and overcome.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'll bet you can call ahead for nutrition info since it doesn't look like it's on their site. Otherwise, try and stick to chicken, fish, veggies, etc. Grilled stuff is usually ok. Be VERY weary of salads! My mom thought she was eating healthy with a side garden salad and turned out to be 600 calories in the dressing alone!! (which she got on the side, but still!) Other veggies, make sure they don't cook them in butter, too.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Ooh... I see lettuce wraps.... I love lettuce wraps!! :love:

It looks like a lot of the chicken things have various sauces on them.... maybe see if you can get the sauce on the side. Or a steak with veggies and rice (take half home).
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Some things I would consider

CHICKEN ALMOND SALAD, dressing on the side
    BIG HORN SPINACH SALAD, dressing on the side
    TERIYAKI GLAZED CHICKEN

I think the salmon is the best bet. Hope they cook it right.

These are the exact same thing I was looking at. I vote for the salmon.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I agree with the above suggestions of grilled chicken, after dinner walk and no appetizers. I usually order steamed veggies as an appetizer so that may help fill you up as well. Definitely, order the house salad and eat it before your entree. Drain your water glass before the main course as well.

Since you are eating out all week, order your to go box with your entree and separate half for lunch the next day. I do this when I eat out once a week with girlfriends and bring my hubby home a doggie bag he takes for lunch. Add another 30min to your workouts this week for the extra burn. Have fun at dinner!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I can definitely tell you what Id LIKE to eat if you guys wanna help me pick from there

TOTAL DISORDER PORTER PRIME
    Rubbed and grilled with bbq spice, topped with horseradish-chive havarti cheese, blue cheese slaw, caramelized bbq onions, chipotle mayo, onion bun

OMG.

BUFFALO STYLE
    Frank's Red Hot sauce, pico de gallo, lettuce, gorgonzola, blue cheese mayo
    I just love buffalo anything

GARLIC SWISS
    Savory caramelized onion and oven-roasted garlic, swiss cheese, lettuce, roasted garlic mayo 9.79
    This burger I have had before...it comes with whole roasted garlic cloves on it.

CHICKEN TENDERLOINS
    All white meat chicken tenderloins with fries and choice of sauce: Teriyaki | Baby Ray�s BBQ | Honey Mustard. Grilled or Breaded, cooked golden 11.99

PACIFIC ROCK SHRIMP FAJITAS
    Buttface Amber Ale marinated shrimp, pan-saut�ed with lime-cilantro sauce, onion, red pepper and Anaheim pepper. Guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, shredded cheddar-jack, flour tortillas

ZESTY BUFFALO CHICKEN
    Buffalo style julienne chicken tenderloins, tossed in Frank�s Red Hot sauce, over greens, red cabbage, pepperjack, corn, pico de gallo, Chipotle ranch

SEARED SIRLOIN*
    Total Disorder Porter marinated sliced sirloin, over salad greens, mushroom, cucumber, onion, tomato and zucchini. Champagne vinaigrette, crumbled gorgonzola

THAI CHICKEN
    Grilled, sliced chicken breast, chopped green leaf and Romaine, red bell, celery, cilantro, wonton strip, fried noodle, pineapple-mango salsa. Peanut ginger dressing

LETTUCE WRAPS
    Chicken or Rock Shrimp with water chestnuts, green onion and five-spice over crisp rice noodles. With lettuce cups, chili garlic and soy mustard sauce. Rock Shrimp 11.99 | Thai Chicken 10.99
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps or Seared Sirloin salad :love:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me... look for seafood and chicken dishes.. if u want something that comes with fries replace fries for a side salad instead, or even a baked potatoe with no butter sour cream and season with pepper and take bites of it as same time as food to flavor it more.
    always ask for fat free dressings (lower cal), and ask for dressing on side...season salad with pepper, then dip ur fork in the dressing for each bite, using like a teaspoon by the end of the salad instead of a couple tablespoons... dont eat croutons--very fattening. Dont order anything fried (like a seafood dish is great until you fry it up using egg and flour/buttered bread crumbs).

Any sandwichs look/ask for whole wheat breads, no mayo or sauce.

just cuz something comes in a sauce doenst mean u have to get it with sauce---some of the sauces could be really high sodium wise, you could tell them light on the sauce instead of ur whole plate being covered with it ;-)

I go out to eat allll the freakin time... ive eaten out 11-12days this month out of 13days (And this day isnt over yet, so maybe i will later... and ive lost nearly 10lbs this month. you can eat healthy anywhere u go, u just have to ask for it.

also drink plenty of water before and after eating to help flush ur system a lil more, and make u feel fuller.

depending on what you order, you could eat half of it and save the other half for later...like i go to mexican alot and order a chicken rice dish with mushies and onions called arroz con pollo, its such a big dish that i save half it for a meal the next day.