Does anyone use the shake weight??

Options
I know the commercials are so funny to watch... but we got the shake weight for Christmas so i tried it out this morning..lol. It was a 6 minute upper body workout and i truly did feel the burn!!

My question is how many calories do you think i burned while doing the workout..and do you think it works?

Replies

• michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I know the commercials are so funny to watch... but we got the shake weight for Christmas so i tried it out this morning..lol. It was a 6 minute upper body workout and i truly did feel the burn!!

My question is how many calories do you think i burned while doing the workout..and do you think it works?

I wouldn't waste my money.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

I wouldn't waste my money.

Oy! YOu already have it. Errr I dunno if it really burns anything though for real lol
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've playfully messed with it in the store, but I don't take it serious as a way to get fit. However, if holding anything and moving around is something you're not used to doing, then I guess it would essentially "work" because it's a new exercise... but, don't rely on the shake weight to get a pefect beach body..
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a comprehensive upperbody workout. But I do think if you're a beginner and don't normally lift weights then SOMETHING is better then nothing, esp. if you're doing it for 6 minutes straight a day, 7 days a week. I asked the same thing in another thread and didn't get many responses. My sister has the women's shakeweight and I've tried it a few times. I agree, you will feel the burn after just a few minutes of using it. I can't be of help to you on how to track it though. To be honest, I wouldn't even track using the shakeweight. I usually only track my cardio.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    From the reviews I have read online it does work. It just doesn't work as well as they advertise. So if you are just starting out it is a good option.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have one but it was given to me and without the dvd. the person who gave it to me said he didn't want to use it cuz he looks weird doing the exercises...
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have no personal experience with them but I heard it causes neck pain in a lot of people because of the way you tense up when using it. I've always kind of wanted one though.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I read on the Internet it causes weight gain so I steered clear of it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I have no personal experience with them but I heard it causes neck pain in a lot of people because of the way you tense up when using it. I've always kind of wanted one though.
    Might check the Thrift stores I see many for a buck or less!
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    Oh boy. I don't know if I could stop laughing if I used it. I have a dirty mind I guess. Sorry. I'd get regular weights and a DVD instead.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I heard of a person who knocked their front teeth out trying to use one...
    I read that too! I also see where they have them out now for children and infants seems only fair since they have them out for Adults. Probably best infants don't have teeth so they won't run into that issue.:flowerforyou:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Has anyone seen the Southpark episode about the Shake Weight?! LMAO!!!!! ***going to sleep mode now***
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I heard of a person who knocked their front teeth out trying to use one...
    Oh just thought of another couple stories I heard lately, a number of users have broken toes and foot fractures. Several people that have really gotten into it ended up crashing it through their plate glass window. Oh wait! That was the neighbors watching from outside!
  • Mlcousineau
    Mlcousineau Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LOL, i haven't heard all the stories about it but wow!! That is some funny stuff, i didn't think you should track it, i really have no upper body strength so i figure will give it a shot...hopefully i can keep all my teeth!! Thanks for the comments!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i've thought about trying it out.
  • goodforeyou
    goodforeyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Has anyone seen the Southpark episode about the Shake Weight?! LMAO!!!!! ***going to sleep mode now***

Those as well as SNL's skits on it were damn funny.

As for using one, I think you'd benefit much more from using real dumbells.
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yeah the SNL skit was GREAT!!!!