Diet Pills

Options
Is anyone using diet pills to help with their weight loss?? Just wondering what you are using and if it helps/works for you? I started using Apidexin Monday and I'm going to see how it goes. Please only reply if you are using or have used pills before.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    OxyElite Pro. Too soon to know, but I sure as HELL know not to take two first thing in the morning.

Bad, very bad.

So I just take one so I am sane.
  • blackdyess
    blackdyess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also take the oxyelite pro...I love it. I only take it once a day...first thing in the morning to get me going. I lost 5lbs last month!!!
  • jaysp87
    jaysp87 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'd like to know too. I'm not currently taking any but have considered it.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested in learning about natural diet medicine.
  • lvcsy1
    lvcsy1 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have heard the Oxy Elite Pro works well, and also N.O Explope. My bestie takes the Explode before she works out and it gives her lots of energy
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    I have tried so many diet pills in the past it is not even funny; and honestly, while it may have been a quick fix, it did not last unless I wanted to stay on the pills constantly. I am finding it much easier for me to just take the slow and steady path and it is easier on my heart - I have heart issues as it is and last thing I need is one more problem. To those using pills, I would just say be careful if you really must take a pill
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many diet pills in the past it is not even funny; and honestly, while it may have been a quick fix, it did not last unless I wanted to stay on the pills constantly. I am finding it much easier for me to just take the slow and steady path and it is easier on my heart - I have heart issues as it is and last thing I need is one more problem. To those using pills, I would just say be careful if you really must take a pill

I agree with this person!
    Be very, very careful with diet pills. You could say I used to abuse them and ended up with heart palpitations, terrible anxiety, constant jitters. I haven't taken diet pills for a year and I still twitch (slightly, I don't know if people even notice).
    Don't take any with Ephedra (it was banned for a time for a reason!)

You can do it without a pill!
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Be very, very careful with diet pills. You could say I used to abuse them and ended up with heart palpitations, terrible anxiety, constant jitters. I haven't taken diet pills for a year and I still twitch (slightly, I don't know if people even notice).

I totally agree! You can do it without a pill. If you use pills you will just gain all the weight back. Please don't harm yourself that way. Go with a healthy way to lose weight, it may take longer but it will last.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I tried a diet pill once, but the reason it suppressed my appetite was because it made me incredibly nauseous. I don't remember which one it was though.

After that, my doctor suggested trying natural supplements, B-Complex for energy and metabolism boost and acai for appetite suppression. I've been doing that for about a month now and have noticed a marked difference. Now, the question is whether the pills are actually helping or if it is mind over matter. Either way, it's working for me. The acai made me nauseous for the first week, but now that I am used to it that had subsided.
  • itsgracia
    itsgracia Posts: 35
    Options
    I tried a couple before but going at it naturally this time around.

First I tried alli after I gave birth to my first son. It worked, I lost all the lbs I wanted and more...after stoping (3 months) I gained 10 of it back.

Second I tried was Quick Trim after the birth of my second son. I lost 9 lbs from it but I hated it because I was always nervous all the time (my heart was racing).
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Science has proven that diet pills don't work. There so desperate they are now and have been marketing lap bands etc, etc. for people who simply cant stop putting food in there mouths. Takes willpower and discipline that's all. Not until you have the desire to be a healthy weight will you ever achieve it. Eat to live not live to eat.
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Totally agree to these posts be careful if you do start because some of them can also be very addictive, try to learn new ways of eating instead of relying on pills.

I totally agree! You can do it without a pill. If you use pills you will just gain all the weight back. Please don't harm yourself that way. Go with a healthy way to lose weight, it may take longer but it will last.
    [/quote]
  • angmora
    angmora Posts: 22
    Options
    Was actually on a program with a doctor who would give me the pills, and vit B shots. I lost 20 lbs pretty quickly but gained it all back. I think it was cuz my body didn't adapt, I didn't really have to work for it or change my habits. I tried this two different times with two different doctors with the same results!!! I hate to say I think I wasted my money. it was good for the moment. But it came back on soooo fast it was twice as depressing. The second doctor actually told me that unless I started loosing weight on my own he wouldn't give me any more pills. I was mad then, but it makes sense to me now. The 50lbs I have lost over the past 1.5 years has all been cutting out junk food (not completely-its more of a monthly thing now instead of daily or weekly thing) and reducing portions.

With that said, with my experience I would say you can get the jumpstart with the pills WHILE changing your ways, you will probably compound your loss, and as you start to change your ways you will feel better, want to eat better, then you wont need the pills anyway. I had a girlfriend who actually had the willpower to do it that way. I guess I didn't. Good luck.... what ever you do love yourself along the way!!!