Counting calories during exercise

Options
Hello everyone. Has anyone out there got any ideas on how to count calories during my gym aerobics classes? I do a lot of classes and I'm just not sure how to accurately calculate what I am burning, and I'm trying my best to follow my food diary. I asked my work colleague if I should buy a heart rate monitor and she's said I don't need one just follow what's on MFP, but not all classes are listed and I think I should be doing it properly and accurately. If anyone thinks I should just buy a heart rate monitor, please recommend a brand or model. Thanks in advance for your help!xx

Replies

• gavin03
    gavin03 Posts: 39
    Options
    Heart rate monitor is a great investment. Polar F6.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I think you should get a HRM.

Heres a thread on which ones are good.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/215826-hrm
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    MFP was not always correct for me... matter of fact it was never correct. I love the fact that I know exactly what my excerise calories are. I have the polar FT4 but I heard that all polars was great. It might be a lil pricey but its well worth it!!!
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you can always just go by what MFP estimates based on your data....I'm sure its a little under and is an average, but underestimating is better than an over estimate.
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Timex was rated #1 with Consumer Reports. I use it and have for 2 or 3 yrs. LOVE IT! Polar is another good one as is a Garmin, but the Garmin is VERY expensive. I def recommend getting one I never use MFP counter for cal. I think its totally off.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say that I'd like it to show calories expended- I think not all heart monitors do this- am I wrong?xx