Don't judge other people!! :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wow! I must be lucky. I have been on here for over 9 mos and have yet to come across these people. Whew!

Love the "don't feed the trolls" remark too! LOL
    lucky indeed!:laugh:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options

That's not true. People spit out their advice without being asked. In another thread on here, people were ridiculing those who walk on treadmills -

it's possible that you're reading more into it than is there and, really, why do you care? the same advice that starts this conversation should end it.

why care what anyone thinks? let's say i am judging you? so, what!? why should you care what i think? you don't know me; i don't know you...

people will judge over a number of things, none of which you can control, but just remember: none of it has anything to do with YOU. that's your own head working against you.

How rude of you to come onto this thread and then try to stir drama! The thread I'm talking about was one titled something along the lines of "stupid/silly things you've seen people do at the gym".

Please, be miserable elsewhere. This is a thread asking people to STOP judging others.
  • djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    I was one of those judges before, I would poke fun of people at the gym that were working out wrong but then I thought to myself AT LEAST THEY ARE HERE TRYING instead of at home being couch potatoes I no longer make fun of anyone trying to better themselves.
  • balancingpineapples
    balancingpineapples Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I totally agree! It's these type of people that you are talking about that used to make me (and sometimes still do) feel uncomfortable about going to my own gym!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options

That's not true. People spit out their advice without being asked. In another thread on here, people were ridiculing those who walk on treadmills -

it's possible that you're reading more into it than is there and, really, why do you care? the same advice that starts this conversation should end it.

why care what anyone thinks? let's say i am judging you? so, what!? why should you care what i think? you don't know me; i don't know you...

people will judge over a number of things, none of which you can control, but just remember: none of it has anything to do with YOU. that's your own head working against you.

How rude of you to come onto this thread and then try to stir drama! The thread I'm talking about was one titled something along the lines of "stupid/silly things you've seen people do at the gym".

Please, be miserable elsewhere. This is a thread asking people to STOP judging others.

are you serious? haha.. you misunderstand me.. i'm just saying you can let what others say dictate your actions, or you can keep on keepin on. i am not judging anyone at all. i hope for everyone tobe successful, always.

bests
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    hey they asked, we answer..just because you dont like the answer we give doesnt mean we are being rude.
    dont come on here asking for advice if you cant take what other people say.

I absolutely agree...

This place is full of the most ridiculous threads... like "700 cals a day and not losing" etc etc.

Then people (many of whom have huge amounts of weight and clearly DO know what they are doing, or people where you can see from their pics that they practice what they "preach") give their time to advise... and all the time you can see people getting their knickers in a twist if it isn't what they want to hear.

"no dumbell is too light... no speed is too slow" etc that all sounds very nice... but THEN don't come here complaining that you don't see results!!

If you only do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always had.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Someone recently was talking about people holding on on the treadmill and how it's worthless and negates the workout.

And so it is. http://walking.about.com/od/treadmillworkouts/a/treadmillhold.htm

But if after you have been given the advice and the evidence and you then chose not to follow it, then that's entirely up to you.

The problem is when months later people come back and say "I haven't lost any weight and my back hurts"... :huh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

-

are you serious? haha.. you misunderstand me.. i'm just saying you can let what others say dictate your actions, or you can keep on keepin on. i am not judging anyone at all. i hope for everyone tobe successful, always.

bests
    ^ ^ I heard this as well! I loved it, truly makes sense for me to not worry so much what others may or may not think of me in life. Often times I worry for nothing as they are in their own head when I'm worrying they are thinking something about me. :laugh: I appreciate what you shared, it was again a reminder that I need to simply live my life and not worry about what is going on around me so much.:flowerforyou: :heart: Each of us is likely busy doing our own thing in life and really not the focus of everyone around us. :drinker:
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    sometimes I eat whole grain rice.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    sometimes I eat whole grain rice.
    love my Basmati & Brown rice!:tongue:
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    there ARE wrong ways to approach fitness goals. for instance, you don't limit yourself to 200 calories a day or not eat at all. that is unhealthy for prolonged periods of time.

if someone is doing something wrong, though, i think without using some medical evidence for why it is wrong, people shouldn't judge other's attempts. if, however, they can find actual medical research as to why that person's method of weight loss is wrong and possibly dangerous, then there is nothing wrong with stating that there is something wrong with the process and linking to the literature.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I think many people just don't realize what they are saying may feel judgemental or hurtful to others. My husband tends to do this to me. He is a skinny little guy who could eat chili cheese fries for every meal and not gain a pound. He has no idea what it is like to be OBESE and struggle with your weight every day or to feel out of breath after minimal physical activity. When I would be proud of the extra long walk I took that day...he would comment on how he jogs 3miles on the treadmill as a warm-up before working out. It always made me go from YAY ME...to...UGH! But everyones bodies and goals are different. You can't compare someone who is 300lbs and trying to get to a healthy weight to someone who weighs 110 and is trying to define her abbs...
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    So all I do is walk - 2 months ago I was just sitting on my butt playing the Sims all day.
    So I go over my sodium everyday - 1 month ago I put salt on everything and now I don't put it on anything.
    So I drink 2 pots of coffee a day - 3 months ago I was drinking 8-12 cans of beer a day.
    So I throw a slice of processed cheese on my food - 4 months ago I was putting liquid cheese food on my 7-11 hotdog.
    So I eat flour tortillas - 6 weeks ago I was piling the same stuff on a cheese bagle.
  • Shadow611
    Options
    We really are different in many ways. Does a 50 year old man have the same amount of energy as as 20 year old. Or can a lady with with health problems and is only alowed to eat certain foods to keep it from getting worse keep up with a healthy teenagere with a higher metabolisim. No. Each person is different and we all need to do something different. I love getting advice from others but it does not mean I have to do it your way and its not fair to me or anyone elose when you make them feel like its your way or it just will not work out. Quit putting others down if it has to be your way just dont talk to others.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Who CARES

AGREED! *like*
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options

bests

Sorry, yes I def did misunderstand your post!! Not sure what crawled up my rear end and died that day, but I apologize!! :drinker:
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    lol i think most of us do that. I eat relatively healthy but about a week before ToM lol i get cravings for everything NOT healthy lol