Same Weight for 2 weeks nearly...

Options
I have to admit i haven't been working out as much as I wish I have...down to twice a week the past two weeks. But my calorie intake has been pretty level averaging at 1200 a week. I seems to be eating a lot of sugar..is that detrimental??....And help how to get me off of this plateau ??...I limited to working out...and admit to having quite few drinks one night each of the past two weekends....Please help..is it necessary to increase my work out because if so i will do my best and also what would be the best plan of action?

Replies

• heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but your calorie intake seems to flucuate too much plus your water intake shows '0'.....Water intake is an essential tool in loosing weight.....:-)
  • jessf786
    jessf786 Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes I haven't really been calculating my water intake so well...I have been drinking...might not have been 8 cups thought...Thank you for the input!!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    From a quick review of your food diary here are my recommendations:
    1) Breakfast, get a bigger one in, the one you are eating is damaging your fat loss
    2) eat more meals, 3 smallish meals a day is not going to cut it.
    3) More fiber, more veggies, more protein, more fruit
    4) less junk, yep there is lots of it there in your diary.
    5) caloric intake is not sufficient to speed fat loss.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but your calorie intake seems to flucuate too much plus your water intake shows '0'.....Water intake is an essential tool in loosing weight.....:-)

Fluctuating calories is actually a great thing. It keeps your metabolism going and from getting too used to the same ol same ol. On an extreme level it is called zig zagging. I totally agree on the water comment! Not sure if you are just not logging or actually not drinking....But drink up babe! It makes quite the difference! On another note, weight loss is 80-90% diet and only 10-20% exercise. Your caloric intake seems minimal enough to spawn a loss. Just try and make sure you are allowing your body 1200 NET calories a day. That means 1200 on top of anything burned through exercise. Don't look at calories as fat, they are energy. And it takes energy to make energy and to burn fat! So do not deprive yourself of that much needed energy. Give it another week and see what happens.
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm not an expert either, but I noticed in your diary that you eat the breakfast bars and snack bars everyday which have a crazy amount of sugar for such a small amount of food. Have you tried multi-grain cheerios with skim milk and a banana? Following the portion sizes of course. I also noticed that you are eating under or right at your calories, but the foods that you are eating aren't the fuel that your body needs. My advice would be to up your water and eat every 3 hours. That sweet or salty snack is fine, but spread it out over the day. You can do it!

P.S. I'm still find myself fighting with this same battle, but it does get easier over time.
  • jessf786
    jessf786 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank You soo much guys!!!....Yea the water thing i just never really logged..now I am going to get into the habit. I literally just got back from the gym..actually tried jogging instead of the elliptical...we will see how that feels in the morning.

Yes I have heard about the Zig Zag calorie intake thing thats why i thought for the most part it was leveled out...

As for those special K bars..those sugars are killer!...I notice by the half point of my day i am already maxed on my sugar...And everything has sugar!...I like to eat those the moment i wake up because they are easy to get down quick and go...I have my special K cereal...and mini frosted wheats... a lot of sugar again but more fiber!...i loooove fiber but it seems like most things i find it in are sugary as well....I am trying to get off the sugar now....My boyfriend bought me that Samoa girl scout cookie ice cream! Damn him! but now it is out of my life FINALLY!!! Haha...

Any Suggestions how to lower my sugar....fooods???
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    you would be much better off with a quick protein/fruit smoothie and a slice of rye toast with some natural peanut butter than that bar, at least that would be a good start, but you have much to improve upon to get that fat burning machine going. Natural sugar is much better than added white sugar when you start out, once you are on a healthier path you can then reexamine sugar from the fruits and make better fruit choices.
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Something great for that sugar craving in the am... I start my day off with 1/2 cup of 100% oats, put some cinnamon, and 1/2 tbsp of butter (it will get you some extra cals too and fat you need). its sooo yummy and gets me going! like a cinnamon/oatmeal cookie! I also eat it with 1/2 cup egg whites sometimes and/or 1/2 cup kroger frozen berries. the berries are a GREAT source of fiber and is lower in sugar compared to other fruits.

Also, I may have one other fruit in the day, just because I try to limit my sugar since there IS sugar in other veggies. As long as its clean, its ok! Sweet potatoes with cinnamon are great as a carb for lunch... just make sure not to eat too much! maybe 1/2 cup. you have to measure your sevings.

and like others have said, eat every 3 hours and drink lots of water!

also in your workouts, its quality > quantitiy. you dont have to spend hours on the machines to burn that fat! i dont have much time either being in school full time and working. try intervals on the elliptical or sprints on the tredmill for cardio :)