Best New I've Got In A While

Options
tssa
tssa Posts: 93 Member
Since my official start on my weight loss journey, I weighed myself for the first time 3 weeks ago. Today, I weighed myelf again and was totally astonished that I'd lost 10lbs. I damn near started crying, lol.

What changes did I make in the past 3 weeks?
I eat a sensible breakfast EVERYDAY.
I've incorporated working out on the treadmill.
Made a point to eat meals and snacks every 2 and a half hours that's within my calorie target.
Paid much closer attention to my portion sizes.

I know I still have a long road ahead, but today was just what I needed to rev up my motivation. Sometimes, it's the small accomplishments that count.

Good luck to all my fellow MFP peeps on their journey.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Just think how great you'll feel a year from now. Keep it up.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am impressed that you can go 3 weeks without using the scale....I barely go days lol. Congrat!!!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    congratulations! that is awsome and has got to feel like an incredible accomplishment! keep up the great work
  • julzrose
    julzrose Posts: 8
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!! Congratulations on your accomplishment. Keep up the good work. You're worth the effort.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hey way to go and I too am astonished you went 3 weeks without looking at a scale!!!
    congratz on your weight loss!
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the support/

@yanicka I decided that for myself it would be best to weigh myself every other week or 3 weeks like I did today. This way I won't get discouraged if I don't see a loss, or worst, if I see a gain on a day to day basis. It just works for me better that way, mentally & emotionally that is.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and wonderful! Keep up the good work, and all though the road ahead is long, doing the right things and making conscious choices make it an easier hike! Best of luck! :bigsmile:
  • slimdebbiecakes
    Options
    Awesome. Good Job!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love hearing stories like that.
    best of luck to you
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Congrats you deserve it for your hard work.
  • kplace0890
    kplace0890 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work :D
  • MistyJ2011
    Options
    Get it girl! You are amazing! Keep up the hard work! I might need to take note on the weigh in every other week. It does make it difficult when numbers dont go down day to day or each week. Congrats again!
  • donthatethesexyme
    Options
    wow you almost made me cry because i know how it feel inside when you have such victories! im proud! keep it up and the next time you weigh in will be evern better and better!