New & looking for friends!

Options
Hi, I'm Jacqui. I'm 19 years old and a sophomore in college. I gained nearly 30 pounds over the past year, due to the stress from leaving home and starting college, plus not continuing with the many sports I participated in in high school. I've lost about 10-15 lbs since my HW in July of last year, but I seem to have hit a plateau and keep losing and regaining the same 5 or so lbs. I just recently joined the gym, and have been going to fitness classes there in between my school classes for the past week. That is going great for me but not watching what I eat is preventing me from losing weight!

I'm excited about this site and hope to make some friends who are going through a similar struggle!

Replies

• newmercy4me
    Options
    Hi, I love your nic name!!! I guess we are both new at the same time, and it sounds like you are on the right tract. The "Freshman 15" as they used to call it back in my day and age can be a real hassel - hang in there!!! Good luck to you both with your fitness and with your schooling.:smile:
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    welcome! this is the place to be! It helps keep u very accountable with ur diet, and balanced too! Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm a mother of 2 and 24, trying to lost weight for different reasons, but it all comes down to the same kind of sturggles ;):flowerforyou:
  • mumbz
    mumbz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, I also just recently joined MFP and am looking for friends who I can keep up progress with. I am a senior in college (graduating in december) and I don't want to graduate with all the weight I gained over my years in college!!!!
  • brandir330
    Options
    Hey, I'm Brandi and just joined today after a friend told me about this site!! I am completely amazed and more motivated than 1 month ago. I started dieting and exercising 4 weeks ago and have lost 10 pounds already and I am so excited about this website!! I think it's great!!!

6636815.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Feel free to add me. I can completely understand the stresses of school and trying to lose weight. I graduated college and am now in veterinary school, which means my schedule got 100x worse. The real deal is trying to find the motivation to make yourself go after a long day of classes and labs, put the payoffs are amazing.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Good luck with everything
  • bwneau
    bwneau Posts: 14
    Options
    Freshmen year is usually the worst for weight gain. Don't worry, just stick with the "program" and you'll lose the weight slow and steady, the healthy way.