Vacation Diet

Options
Hello! I need to loose minimum of 15 lbs by May 18th so I can actually look good for my long awaited vacation. The only question I have for you is what do I have to do to get there. I have decreased my calorie intake and try to make it to the gym at least 2 - 3 times a week, but only do classes when I get there. Plus I walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. Please help!

Replies

• jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    Increase eating. Speed up metabolism. Lean meats and protein. Your body will use it in the gym. I know it sounds crazy, eat more to lose more, but it works.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When traveling I usually just watch the carbs, I dont lose any weight but at least I dont gain.
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congradulations for starting! It sounds like you are doing really great! You seem to have a good plan for activity and eating. I started for the same initial reason 3 weeks ago to loose 20 pounds by my vacation planned for May 13. I'm also recovering from knee surgery. I've started using this site on my phone. It's so easy to enter your foods and exercise! Best of luck to you!
  • angelica9477
    Options
    I just had knee surgery myself, kinda limits ya on to what exercieses you can and can't do. Hope all went well. Hopefully by the time your vacation arrives you'll be feeling no pain.
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My knee is doing "better" every day. I'm working on my stamina and trying to get up to walking 3 miles a day by the time vacation comes around. Other than walking or biking, I"m a total wimp at exercise. I don't know how far 10,000 steps is, but it sounds like it should burn loads of calories! Thanks for the well wishes!
  • angelica9477
    Options
    I'm to the point now that I try to force myself to do at least 7,000 steps a day but my goal is 10,000. Sometimes the knee speaks up and tells me when I had enogh. While I was in physical therapy they worked so hard on my bad knee that my other knee is now weaker then my bad knee. Weird, I thought. So now I'm focusing on building the good knee up to the point where the bad knee is. I walk laps around our building at work every night to get my steps. You have a goal in mind so go get it! :happy
  • robeeen
    robeeen Posts: 15
    Options
    Yeah I don't agree with the eat more to lose more. It may work for some people but we're all different, it sure doesn't work for me!!!

Strict 1200 calorie diet, and workout. 1200 calorie BALANCED diet....

like http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/1200_Calorie_Diet
  • angelica9477
    Options
    I do agree with you. I think that's mainly for men. I've been trying to stick to 1200 calories, but end up around 1500. Still not bad from what I use to eat. I'm more aware of it and try to stop sooner. It's all about control.