Hello. Is anyone else using MFP to gain weight? I'm struggli

Options
Hi, I'm Arabella (Usually known as Belle).
I am refeeding after a bout of anorexia and have to put on 2 stone to reach a healthy BMI. I am managing to take in the 5 meals a day prescribed by my dietician, but seem to be losing weight still.
I have good muscle mass but only 3% fat (should be 23%) and a horrifically low visceral fat level (the fat inside that protects your organs) so I specifically need to put on fat.
If anyone else uses MFP to gain weight, I'd love to hear from you.
Belle

Replies

• bruinjames
    Options
    HI belle

im also her trying to put on weight ...

add me as a friend if you like

tina
  • arabellastrange
    Options
    Thanks, Tina. Added :)
  • bruinjames
    Options
    just reading your goal statistics cant believe how identical to mine they are...lol

tina
  • Caerith
    Caerith Posts: 15
    Options
    Generally, it takes 1500 calories to gain or lose a pound. More muscle mass means you burn more calories than "average" at any given weight, so be sure you're getting enough calories to compensate for that. Might I suggest milkshakes and/or Costco pizza as easy ways to gain a lot of calories (and some necessary protein and fiber while you're at it)?

Change doesn't happen overnight, but if after a few weeks you continue to lose weight despite your efforts, be sure to consult your physician-- abnormal/uncontrolled weight loss can be symptomatic of some serious stuff.
  • arabellastrange
    Options
    Thanks Caerith :) I can't manage high fat dairy at the moment because my digestive system is in tatters, but I am whacking in Udo's Oil three times a day, to keep fats going in. Hopefully I'll be able to manage cheese (mmmm) again within a few weeks. I think it'll seriously help.
    So I'd need 1500 cals per week, over my energy output, to gain a pound. That's helpful.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i'm using it to watch my calories so i can gain muscle weight and limit fat gains.