Body Combat

Options
My preferred exercise is Body Combat and I'm going to try to do it twice a week. Only thing is, I can't find it on the Exercise Tracker thingy.

Is there anyone else who does Combat and can advise me how to log it?

Thanks x

Replies

• RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You could just do it under Aerobics/General or something like that. The ideal way would be to get a heart rate monitor and then you can add it yourself and will have an accurate guide for the amount of calories you actually burned. :)
  • pcarpenr3r
    pcarpenr3r Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing (includes Turbo Jam)
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing (includes Turbo Jam)

Hmmm, I wouldn't say Body Combat is anywhere near as hard as Kickboxing! My fella has just taken this up and from the exercises they have got him doing, Combat is pretty much a walk in the park! I would deffo just log it under general aerobics.
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I take Body Pump which is part of the Les Mills program and it wasn't listed either. I ended up wearing a heart monitor to the class to see what my calories burned was. Wear one if you have one or see if you can borrow one for the class :) Enjoy!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I do body combat - i tend to log it under areobics high impact :)

I have ordered a heart rate monitor and will let you know how it compares to that listing
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and generally clock up between 450-500 cal for a class.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I do body combat - i tend to log it under areobics high impact :)

I have ordered a heart rate monitor and will let you know how it compares to that listing

I have since got my HRM and used it during combat - usually burn between 350 and 400 calories per 45 min session hope that helps
  • herbalifeworks
    Options
    Basically, without a monitor, the best way to figure body combat or body attack is 100 calories for every 10KG of weight. My wieght is 128.5, that equals 58.4 KG. (Google has a simple conversion table you can use. ) So basically, for one full hour of body combat, if done correctly, I am buring 584 calories.

Hope this helps !!!