--Fulltime Working Moms--

Options

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I have 3. I stayed at home till they were all in school, now I'm a working mom.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have 3. I stayed at home till they were all in school, now I'm a working mom.

welcome aboard
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    Wow. I feel old. I am 42 with a 9 year old son and 12 year old daughter. I work full time in Information Technology. My husband is in security and works full time too. I work out usually 6 days a week for an hour and I am fighting with the last 10 or 12 pounds. Most days, I don't know which end is up. The kids activities truly take it all out of me. This group is a great idea! I don't think a lot of people can appreciate the amount of energy it takes....unless you've been there :smile:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Wow. I feel old. I am 42 with a 9 year old son and 12 year old daughter. I work full time in Information Technology. My husband is in security and works full time too. I work out usually 6 days a week for an hour and I am fighting with the last 10 or 12 pounds. Most days, I don't know which end is up. The kids activities truly take it all out of me. This group is a great idea! I don't think a lot of people can appreciate the amount of energy it takes....unless you've been there :smile:

Your not old at all-- Yeah the last few pounds are a *kitten* lol good luck and welcome
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.... if you're still accepting...

I'm 28, single mom of a crazy 6 yearold girl.
    I commute 45 minutes a day to teach at a high school in a neighboring town.

Goal:
    Stay in calories
    Drink more water
    Clean up diet.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I'd like to join.... if you're still accepting...

I'm 28, single mom of a crazy 6 yearold girl.
    I commute 45 minutes a day to teach at a high school in a neighboring town.

Goal:
    Stay in calories
    Drink more water
    Clean up diet.

The more the merry lol that sounded cheesy but yes we are still accepting-
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    So how is everyone doing in staying within their daily calories? I am having such a hard time- I will do great all morning and early afternoon then by 3:00 its all down hill I dont snack after dinner or it would be so much worse.

I am drinking at least 64oz of water everyday though so thats a good thing- I havent worked out yet this week and I am not making excuses just trying to focus on eating right then next week when I get my HRM and 30 day Shred in the mail I am hittin it really hard- I can definitely figure out how to fit in a 20-27 minute workout in after my hectic day of work, dinner, kids, bath well you know the deal..
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I joined the gym last week and have been very dedicated. I was having trouble staying in my calories, but now on gym days I have trouble getting all my calories.

Here are my goals:
    Drink more water :drinker: This guy is double fisting the H2O! (I'm not going to put a specific volume yet, just more than I do now)
    Stay in calories
    Go to a spinning class once a week
    Work out 3x a week

Good luck everyone with your goals!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    My hubby and I joined the gym last week and have been very dedicated. I was having trouble staying in my calories, but now on gym days I have trouble getting all my calories.

Here are my goals:
    Drink more water :drinker: This guy is double fisting the H2O! (I'm not going to put a specific volume yet, just more than I do now)
    Stay in calories
    Go to a spinning class once a week
    Work out 3x a week

Good luck everyone with your goals!

good luck with that when i increased my water I was getting 32oz down without a problem but it was the last 32oz that was giving me a hard time- now I am easily doing it everyday and some days a little more my downfall is on the weekends I dont drink my water- at work I do cause i wont drink anything else--
  • amaliasmom
    amaliasmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    okay, here are my goals.
    Kick the soda habit! This one is killing me,but I am slowly but surely getting there.
    Eat more veggies.
    Work out 4 -5 days a week,even if it's just taking a walk with the stroller.

That's all I've got for now.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    okay, here are my goals.
    Kick the soda habit! This one is killing me,but I am slowly but surely getting there.
    Eat more veggies.
    Work out 4 -5 days a week,even if it's just taking a walk with the stroller.

That's all I've got for now.

Sounds good to me. Are you drinking regular soda or diet soda? I love regular soda but I have been trying diet soda to give me a different taste rather than just drinking water- I have tried A&W diet rootbeer and Coke Zero and both are very good and low in sodium not to mention zero calories
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    Do part time jobs count? I am just mommy by day and our friendly Starbucks barista on nights and weekends. :flowerforyou: I work over 30 hours a week.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest I have struggled the last few days stayin in my calories.
    Parent teacher conferences, make-up labs, etc so I have been snacking more then usual or eating bigger meals then planned....

Haven't been able to work out as much this week either as normal.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome to those who have just joined us.

Wednesday I had a bad calorie/fat g day. Thursday I tried to turn it all around and head in the right direction. My 30 Day Shred hasn't arrived yet, but it did mail on 11/5. I'm (im)patiently waiting.

Still holding at a 1 pound loss. Hard not to let that frustrate me.

Happy Friday and have a good weekend!
    Kati
  • MuttnChewy
    Options
    Hello! :bigsmile:
    Can I join?
    I am 34 years old, I work full time as a welfare caseworker , specifically with homeless women and families. My husband works full time also as a training supervisor at our local mine. We live in a big mining town here in Canada. I have 3 children, an 11 yr old boy, and 6 and 4 yr old girls. I also have 2 big dogs at home, who love to be walked, and that gets me out exercising whether I want to or not :laugh:

My husband and I have struggled with our weight for years, he ate right along with me during the pregnancies :):heart:

He and I keep each other motivated to work out and eat healthy.

I have about 30 lbs to go to get to my optimal weight, and this is the 3rd time I have lost those same 30 lbs... I can work on losing, but maintaining is sooo hard for me!

Anyway, I love this board, and all you wonderful, supportive people! MFP has no doubt been a key to keeping me on track!

Cindy :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Do part time jobs count? I am just mommy by day and our friendly Starbucks barista on nights and weekends. :flowerforyou: I work over 30 hours a week.

30 hours a week is full time in my eyes! Join!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options

30 hours a week is full time in my eyes! Join!

Welcome!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    welcome everyone that has joined recently- we all need the support-- Again my afternoon slump of snacking kicked my butt again- still not working out this week my 30 day shredd should be here by wednesday- so thats gonna be it for me.

I gotta get out of this funk and lose these damn pounds- got my water in already
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    Great! Happy Friday!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Mmmmmm Starbucks, my favorite. I have moved from mochas and frappuccinos to regular coffee, sugar free syrup and skim milk.