Anyone from the UK and/ or doing Diet Chef!

Options

Replies

• RickyB731
    RickyB731 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing Diet Chef since 9th Feb this year and have gone from 15st 2lb to 13st 9lb when I weighed myself on the 11th!

Only started DC to support the wife, who gave up after about a week! I've just had my 3rd delivery and am really enjoying it. It makes a hell of difference in portion sizes and made me realised how much more I was eating than I should have been!

Joining MFP has made a difference too. It's great to see how many calories you can have in a day!

I weigh myself on the Wii Fit as I think it's a lot better than an other scales on the market. I started with bathroom scales, but they just seemed so unreliable!
  • gaynorwilson20
    Options
    I'm from sunny Manchester (he he). Feel free to add me, I've lost 43lbs up to now both before and since I started using MFP.

One of my first goals is to lose the weight of my son, i'm 3lbs under to I WILL have lost it by the end of the month which was my timescale!!! xxxx
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am from teh UK - orig Suffolk but living in Belfast, Northern Ireland now
    Not doing Diet Chef, but have seen the adverts for it and it looks good
  • Hollie721
    Hollie721 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi i'm from the UK, not doing diet chef but feel free to add me and we can encourage each other x
  • squintyme
    squintyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm from London. Not on diet chef but feel free to add me :)
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm originally from sunny Manchester and am currently in equally sunny Belfast. I'm not doing Diet Chef and will be moving to Germany in a few weeks but feel free to add me if you want another friend for support.
  • Coco_Belle
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for the messages, and lots of potential friends! I will try and add you if I can work out how!

Well, that is me just finished 7 days on diet chef! Weighed in last night and have lost 2lbs. That is pretty remarkable since, confession time, I only did the diet for three days!!!! Got really down and had 4 days off plan (including eating out 3 of those days I think!!). So I am amazed that I have still lost weight. (Pizza hut, TGI fridays and Franky and Benny's -so all pretty calorific!)

Really going for it this week, Monday to Friday then a bit of a day off for a friend's party and Easter, then back on it full force. It seems like a couple of days off won't do too much harm either!

Oh, and the diet chef stuff is absolutely lovely. I've yet to find something that wasn't nice. The snack bars aren't so good but the oat bites (kind of like crisps) are nice, and the popcorn bag is huge, and really tasty!
    I'm glad I've done it - other half is doing it with me and he also lost 2lbs. One of our problems was having the right food in the house and being bothered to cook it! And DC certainly solves that problem. We had Chicken tikka last night but added some chips and onion rings instead of rice ( a small treat in comparison to blowing the diet completely and getting a full on takeaway!), we are having lasagne tonight, and there are heaps of lovely sounding dishes that we can't wait to try!

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Hi there, as you can see by the responses there's a lot of us from the UK here. This really is a truly global site and it's great as we're all here to help each other.

I did the Australian version of Diet Chef (The Diet Factory), I have also done Weight Watchers (UK & Australia) and Jenny Craig (Australia), Tony Ferguson (Australia) and BodyTrim (Australia) obviously by the quantity of names, I didn't stick to them. Weight Watchers actually provided the best results for me at the time, but the one aspect I noticed with the portion controlled diets (Jenny Craig and The Diet Factory) is that as soon as you stop (for whatever reason), you seem to gain weight quicker. This could just be my experience..

My new process - learn what I eat and when and see what I need to change and incorporate change with adopting new foods such as the Mediterranean Diet, primarily because it's my favorite food type anyway.. (http://www.alfitness.com.au/article/id/126/pid/34/Mediterranean-Diet)

Either way, good luck with it and welcome to MFP - I know there are some great success stories with Diet Chef and many other diet plans, and I wish you all the best with it as well.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey Coco - I'm in the UK so feel free to add me as a friend. Would be really interested to hear how you get on with DC. I've not really considered those types of programmes before. Good luck.
  • finlayjc
    finlayjc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello hope you dont mind I have added a few of you as friends feel free to ignore the request if it doesn't suit. I have been on diet chef and using mfp for a month and not doing brilliantly. Just looking for a bit of suport and i think seeing what you eat in a day will help me to manage my own calories. Getting married next year so need to keep going! I am uk based.
  • bekkiboo30
    bekkiboo30 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi, i've just started too, and am from kent. Would love to add u as a friend. We could support each other through this. So far it looks like people are so friendly and helpful. Good luck to you. :happy:
  • nuttysteph84
    Options
    im from the uk in swindon, im not following DC, im just going by MFP and im on day 2 so far and it certainly makes u look at what ur eating!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I joined last week and I also thought that I was one of only a few Brits here and then I realised I was wrong!! I'm from East London, feel free to add me...I'm not doing Diet Chef but have just started on my weight loss journey and am planning on making this the last time I promise myself I'm going to lose weight!!

Good luck! x
  • reenakainth
    Options
    Hi im also from the Uk not following any particular diet...just try and avoid carbs in the evening other than that...trying to use the gym regularly !!
  • redroach
    redroach Posts: 8
    Options
    hi from uk but not doing diet chef.

feel free to add me all since we all need a little support!
  • reenakainth
    Options
    wht is a diet chef??
  • clops379
    clops379 Posts: 14
    Options
    Heh, I'm in sheffield, trying to lose before turning 30 on august and carry on to my target after that, feel free to add me!
  • rowenadm
    rowenadm Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi.. I'm from Swindon but not doing the diet chef. I'm just new here too and so so excited about this site, i'm doing it little by little... Feel free to add me if u like... :smile:
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    I'm doing Diet chef and loving it!! :oD

Only doing it for a week and then i'll be back to normal calorie counting.
  • vidalia222
    vidalia222 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi
    I'm from London and doing Diet Chef.
    I got a week's supply half price on Groupon and lost 2kilos. I have now ordered a month's supply.
    It is great for me at the moment as I am often at home alone with various family members away travelling and working and I eithr can't be bothered cooking a big meal after a busy day working or I do cook and eat enough for four or I get a takeaway. This is a great way to save me time, effort and have portion controlled for me.
    I have enjoyed the meals and not felt hungry.
    I don't think I could do it for very long but I'll keep a supply available for when I want to get back on track in the future.