Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My NSV!!

ErinGiam
ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
I ran today..a whole freakin mile!! I don't even care that it was on a low speed on the treadmill (5.2), or that it took me 12 minutes to do..I did it and I feel amazing! Prior to today, I couldn't even run for longer than 3 minutes, and now that I have accomplished this, I can't wait to see what else I can do :smile:

Replies

• Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 61 Member
    AWESOME!!
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Awesome job! I would also like to say that the speed isn't slow either. I am at 4.8. Keep it up!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Way to go. One victory at a time. :happy:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    Excellent. I will make that my goal. Congratulations.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Woot Woot!!!! Great work!!! :)
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    That's fantastic! I've been on the treadmill for 4 months & am still only doing 2 minutes run/3 min walk intervals at 5.0. Guess I need to push myself harder. Congrats on your accomplishment!!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    A twelve minute mile is pretty darn good!! I wish I could do it!! Great job!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    That's awesome!! :)
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Congrats to you. I am with you when it comes to running. I never dreamed in a million years I would like to run and now I am thinking of doing a 5K. It is amazing what we can push our body to do and even more importantly, we love it.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Once you can get past one mile you can just keep adding it on!!! The trick to build mileage is pacing yourself! when I was starting to run for the first time my friend (and trainer) told me to run a minute and walk a minute for 30 minutes total. The next time I ran two minutes and walked a minute repeating for up to 30 minutes. I kept adding a minute to the runs each time and before I knew it I was running for 30 minutes without stopping! Great Job!!!!! :)
  • ekbontje
    ekbontje Posts: 36
    5.2 is pretty awesome! i am impressed, keep pushing yourself!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Congrats, that's awesome!
  • big congrats! this is only the beginning of something spectacular! keep up the awesome work!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Hooray!! That's really awesome :) Keep at it!! Also, like some others have said, 5.2 ain't bad! LOL. I have been running for a couple of years now and I usually clock in somewhere around there or a little slower!
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    That's great! I'm working on running as well. Hopefully I'll be able to post that soon.
  • AWESOME!!! I so miss running... cannot right now til my doctor gives me the ok....(broke my foot a few months ago...) Hopefully will be able to begin running again soon...but til then... been using the stationary bike, exercises and pool.... Decided I LOVE the pool... feel free in it to MOVE!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

5768506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Well done!
  • shannonevan
    shannonevan Posts: 24 Member
    you're doing so well erin! you should be extremely proud of yourself!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    I ran today..a whole freakin mile!! I don't even care that it was on a low speed on the treadmill (5.2), or that it took me 12 minutes to do..I did it and I feel amazing! Prior to today, I couldn't even run for longer than 3 minutes, and now that I have accomplished this, I can't wait to see what else I can do :smile:

That is awesome!!! And your "low speed" is still faster than anything I've done on the treadmill! WTG!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Thanks so much guys! It's so nice to hear all the kind words :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!