My New Best Friend : Oatmeal

Options
I know its a carb but it has helped me so much with my digestion and being on track....

http://destiny4dallas.blogspot.com/2011/04/eat-your-oatmeal.html

Please comment on my blog it makes me happy

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Good post. I love my oatmeal. Almost every morning.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    I to typically have oatmeal almost every morning; just plain oatmeal (no fancy flavors) with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar mixed in.
  • aagreene
    aagreene Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't eat oatmeal enough, but I do love it since I have started my diet. I love my oatmeal with Lowfat Yoguart and a couple of little pieces of fruit. Great Blog by the way!
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had to comment because I'm eating Quaker Instant Raisin, Dates and Nuts oatmeal. I have to make two packs and it will last me until lunch time! I also read that people who eat oatmeal for breakfast lose more weight! I honestly think if you just start to eat a breakfast you'll do much better :)
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I learned to love it too! Now I eat it almost every morning! I like mine with cinnamon! Yummm :smile:
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Since I began my weight loss journey nearly five years ago, oatmeal has been my "go-to" food for breakfast most days. Just recently, I've stirred about a tablespoon of peanut butter in with it, and it keeps me full all morning. I don't know if there is any correlation, but I've also dropped the last three pounds that I was trying to get rid of since doing this, and gotten off of my plateau that I'd been in for over a month. I reached my goal weight this AM, and will have to see if I can maintain there. Might light to drop a couple more, so will see how that goes.

I do think the consistent eating of oatmeal has also helped with my cholesterol (that and the weight loss).
    Kaye
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Me too! I have it every morning ;o)
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    I've been having a portion of muesli with a low fat probiotic yogurt drink instead of any milk, I have the vanilla flavour and it's really tasty, good and enjoyable way of getting a good fibre rich breakfast! And it keeps me full for ages.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I LOVE OATMEAL!! Like tinaslim, 1 packet is not enough for me. Hungry Girl has a recipe for super-size oatmeal:

Super-size Oatmeal (from Hungry Girl recipe):
    Ingredients:
    1/2 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
    1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
    1 cup water
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    2 Splenda packets
    Dash of salt
    Directions:
    Cook it on the stove for about 10 minutes. You get a BIG bowl of oatmeal that is fairly thick, creamy, and smooth. Only about 200 calories and 6g fat, plus 5g fiber (PointsPlus™ value 5*). You can also add other ingredients: fruit, original Fiber One cereal (1/4 cup -- just cook it right in there during the last few minutes!), and even a sprinkle of fat-free powdered Coffee-mate (for added creaminess).
    Makes 1 serving.
  • MsMorningDew
    MsMorningDew Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks that means alot...feel free to follow my blog! Id love to hear feedback and learn from others
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    Monday thru Friday I eat plain non-flavored oatmeal for breakfast... creature of habit I suppose
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal too! Usually have to sweeten it with brown sugar, but today I had it plain.