Kind of Frustrated

Options
I was keeping my weight between 128 and 132 pounds and back in January I started teaching cardio-kickboxing classes where we do everything from cardio to weights to bosu balls, resistence bands etc. and now I cant get my weight below 133 and it fluctuates up to 135 sometimes. I look and feel more toned so I am sure it is muscle mass. I adjusted my calories from 1200 per day to 1325 even though my daily caloric intake should be 1459. I am afraid to go up more in calories because I don't want the scale to go up too.... My clothes are fitting fine and some are even a little looser around the waist.....I just don't like that number on the scale!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Don't fuss the number on the scale. If you look great and feel great, that's all that counts! :smile:
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're exercising a lot. Are you eating your exercise calories? What's your net caloric intake for the day?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i wish i was back down to 135 again..soon enough..don't worry about upping the cals..i have to do that once a month or so, and it really does help me lose..best of luck
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. You look great and your clothes are fitting great. You're obviously in great shape teaching all of those classes. But you're stressing out over a number that doesn't really mean anything, that no one else sees but you. EVEN though you know it's lean muscle - which is good! Maybe you should ask yourself why that number is so important to you. Especially when it has you ignoring all of these other things that are the real signs of your success!
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know you are right. I used to be about 100 lbs heavier, so that I why I have always watched the scale since I lost the weight about 6 or 7 years ago. I should be easier on myself! Teaching 6 times a week should tell me something...like I am in good shape.