What made YOU smile today... round 2! :)

Options
Gooooood Morning Friends!! I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL start to your Thursday!!! :) Another day closer to the weekend, and another opportunity to make this day GREAT! :)

So...if you find yourself in a funk, for whatever reason today...lets try playing WHAT MADE YOU SMILE!! :)

For me....it was:

-Waking up early to my adorable little dogs wagging their tails
-Taking a GORGEOUS walk on the beach with them, and witnessing an amazing sunrise
-Sipping some DELISH 'sugar cookie' flavored java on my drive to work
-Singing along to the radio...:)

Whatever makes you smile today, HOLD ON to it in your mind...and if that 'funk' creeps up on you again, chase it away with all of your happy thoughts.. :)

Make it a great day everyone!!!!!
Toodles!

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    For me it was:

-sleeping in until 9:00.
    -finding out that I scored an "exceptional pass" on my Qualifying Exams!!
    -my frosted flakes/yogurt treat.
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the uplifting post. What made me smile today? Driving home from the gym this morning with a workout checked off my list, relaxing the am with the kids while I am on vacation!
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Well today my post about paying it forward made me smile to know that people will see it and do something nice for someone else. The beautiful sunshine and my dear friend Ed :-) Some definitely good music on the way to work and the fact that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! :-)
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    WOOOTWOOOT!! Great posts everyone!!! How could I forget to mention that TOMORROW IS Friday, which DEFINITELY makes me smile!! :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    My 82-year-old Dad took a trip into central London to go for lunch with me. :smile:
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great motivational post! Running on the eliptical and ALMOST getting to 6kms today (5.83kms) made me smile! Doing a spoon cheers with both my boys as we ate our cereal all together watching some cartoons before work! Just writing this has made me smile again, thank you!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I sprinted at 6.0 for 2 mins this morning!!!! What a victory for my short little legs!!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    havent been there yet but on my way no and know it will make me smile :) my yoga class
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Today it was:
    Walking to school with the sun shining
    Finishing two papers
    Loosing one more pound, being one more step closer to my goal
    And this morning the first thing I saw was my weenie dog waiting for me to wake up. We stared each other down then he charged down the hall at me and dog me good morning dog breath kisses <3
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    For me it was waking up with a "lack of sleep headache" beacuse I was spending quality time with a dearl friend last night.
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    Great motivational post! Running on the eliptical and ALMOST getting to 6kms today (5.83kms) made me smile! Doing a spoon cheers with both my boys as we ate our cereal all together watching some cartoons before work! Just writing this has made me smile again, thank you!!

This is awesome!!! A spoon cheers!!!! This made ME smile!!!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Realizing that today was the last day that I will have to see my students until they return from April vacation in 10 days! And knowing that I will be with my boyfriend and family for the whole 10 days that I am on vacation :-)
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I have 1 more day of work then it's SPRING BREAK!!! I really need a vacation : )
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    Today it was:
    Walking to school with the sun shining
    Finishing two papers
    Loosing one more pound, being one more step closer to my goal
    And this morning the first thing I saw was my weenie dog waiting for me to wake up. We stared each other down then he charged down the hall at me and dog me good morning dog breath kisses <3

YAY!!! I love morning 'stare downs' with my dogs too!!! :) Awesome job on another pound lost!!! Have a great day!
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    You to! and thank you!
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    As for me...

- Being greeted by my "spoiled" cats every morning always makes me :smile:
    - Finding out that the bike I ordered for myself is finally ready to pick up :happy:
    - Stepping on the scales this morning and seeing a 2 pound weight loss :smile:
    - Today the weather here is BEAUTIFUL ! The sun is warm, the grass is green and God is good :flowerforyou:
  • yazminetw
    yazminetw Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    - Waking up to my daughters smiling face and giving her a kiss :smooched:
    - Talking to my daughter on her way to school. She is 12 months so most of it is gibberish but it is too cute to hear her make sounds and try to form a sentence.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Getting my son this morning and hearing him say "your are the best mom in the whooooole world" (he's 4) Always puts a smile on my face! OH and losing my first pound on MFP today!!!! Big smiles here!!! Have a great day eveyone!
  • CmGoode
    CmGoode Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For me it was:
    -waking up to see that the rain had stopped
    -realizing that my weekend starts tomorrow
    -having my adorable yet chubby cat sleeping next to me.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The kids in my weekly kindergarten lesson..."oh teacher, i can see your legs today! Soooooo beautiful!" "I love you! Pick me, pick me!" "How come your glasses change every week???"