cAnkles

Options
Hi everyone

I have a seriously case on cancles, always have. Do you have any tips for helping to get rid of cankles? I know all over weight loss helps, but is there a way to target this area?

Thanks

Kayle

Replies

• starboardzor
    Options
    Maybe calf raises? Hold small weights while you do them for more of a work out.
  • 1980carrie
    Options
    i so wish i knew the answer to this.... i dlove to get rid of my cankles. xx
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    I have them bad, too. A drastic reduction in sugar and sodium helped tremendously :-) Also, lots and lots of water...
  • nsavard21
    nsavard21 Posts: 11
    Options
    I don't really think there is anyway to spot tone or lose weight in a certain area, but you are right, losing weight overall will definitely help. I'm sure getting in some good leg workouts and toning your calves couldn't hurt :)
  • LisaLN
    LisaLN Posts: 54
    Options
    Yep...I was born and blessed with those puppies, also. No matter how much weight I lose, they don't shrink all that much. What I have found that makes a world of difference IS the calf raises. But I actually do them on the leg press machine at Anytime Fitness. I'm up to 110 lbs with my leg presses. I'll do 4 sets of 15 of outright leg presses and in between each of those sets I'll do a set of 15 calf raises (moving my toes to the bottom part of the foot plate). If you don't have access to a leg press machine, then hold onto the wall and do them. Then incorporated free weights.