30 day shred level 1 - how many cals do you say you burned?

Options
After doing a session on level 1 of Thirty Day Shred, how many calories do you log that you've burned??

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    I put it under cardio - circuit training - 20minutes. MFP figures it out. No real way to tell without a HRM
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my HRM gives me an average of 400 calories. But it's different for everyone :) Plus im really out of shape :sad:
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training-general.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    It depends on how much effort you put into it. I have a HRM that tells me my calories burned and when I give it my all, I am usually around 210. When I am doing the "beginner" stuff (Anita) I usually burn closer to 160.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    im on day 2 of the shred level one its actualy 25 if ya count the warm ups. i log it as circuit training general and i get 429 cals. and a good *kitten* whoppin..
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I call it circuit training - general as well. For me, it means about 200 calories. I'm currently on level 2 and I'm sure it's more than that because I sweat way more!
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    After doing a session on level 1 of Thirty Day Shred, how many calories do you log that you've burned??

Get a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) Best way to track how many calories you are truly burning. I hear people burn anywhere from 200 - 400 calories. I personally burned close to 600 calories.
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    I lost 2 pant sizes and a shirt and a half plus 14 lbs doing the Shred and watching my calories w/o a HRM I logged it under CT and retyped it added it to my list as The Shred...
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My HRM tells me I burn about 220 cals for level one shred.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    WOW...you all burn more than me, that is for sure...I was averaging 230-250, now I barely will hit 200. Level 3 I do burn more though.
  • Shell521
    Shell521 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For level 1, my HRM usually gives me between 160-190 calories. I'm closer to the end of level one now (I should be done but I had an injury and had to stop for a while so I started it all over) My first 2 days though my HRM gave me in the 160's the last few were around 185-190 though because I was pushing myself harder.
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering what workout are you talking about? Is this one you can do from home?
  • Chicka_Boom
    Options
    When I was doing the 30DS I logged it as high intensity circuit training, 200 calories. I do the same for Ripped in 30, which I'm doing now. Honestly, I think I probably burn more than that, but I don't use a HRM so I can't be sure. Calorie burn can vary vastly between different people, so you can't really gauge what you burned based on what someone else did.

It can be tough to know if your calorie count is accurate - people tend to underestimate their calorie intake even when they're trying to be accurate, and restaurant meals can have 18% more calories than they report. For that reason, I err on the conservative side with my exercise calories. For the most part I just stick with a 1400 calorie diet and try not to complicate things too much by worrying about exercise calories as long as I'm getting in my workouts 6 times a week.

How you do it is up to you, but if you're eating your exercise calories and trying to lose a significant amount of weight I recommend erring on the side of caution. If you log that you burned 600 calories, increase your intake by that much, and you really burned 200 you could torpedo your weight loss. If you're still concerned about it you should invest in a decent HRM. Good luck and have fun with the shred!
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    It depends on how much effort you put into it. I have a HRM that tells me my calories burned and when I give it my all, I am usually around 210. When I am doing the "beginner" stuff (Anita) I usually burn closer to 160.

I should probably mention that I am currently down to 135 pounds and that is why the calorie burn is so low. The more you weigh, the more you will burn. I have put it into the "circuit training, general" just to see and the burn listed there is accurate when I am giving my FULL effort.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    MFP only gives me 180 cals for 20 mins (I don't count the wamr-up and cool-down). I really think (hope) it's higher than that, but at the same time, I'm not too bothered about it. Anything extra is a bonus, right!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering what workout are you talking about? Is this one you can do from home?

It's the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred - a workout dvd