Random things you now find yourself doing.

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
Since joining mfp and exercising my life has drastically changed, mainly for good but there are some weird habits i have developed. now i seem to be doing some pretty random things out of the blue including but not limited to:

1.counting other peoples calories when they eat. now this is usually in my head and not out loud to them (that would be annoying)
2. doing pullups at work. i work at the railroad on locomotives, so this usually happens in the locomotive cab
3. doing p90x stretches anytime i have to stretch i cant just bend over anymore i have to do the whole swandive thing
4. zig zag knee... turbofire people know what i'm talking about, if i'm not doing it i'm saying it
5.various punch and or kick sequences, thanks to turbofire and p90x kenpo
6. singing "daisy dukes", "push it" etc. again thanks to turbofire
7. making muscle poses in mirror on regular basis.

there are more but i cant think of all, but i know i'm not the only one that has developed strange tendencies so please share lol

Replies

• Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Swan Diving had me cracking up.

I googled German Potato Soup.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I do the calorie counting thing for other people. i do it in my head too. lol
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Researching the restaurant I will be going out to eat to ahead of time so I know what I can and can not eat...
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am trying to contain my laughter at work!
  • crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I count other peoples calories too...but out loud. Only because my friends keep telling me they need to lose weight, but then they eat like garbage all the time.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I count my chips! Is that obsessive?
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i no longer read restaurant menus *L* (i usually only go to ones now that have online nutrtional info so i can decided ahead of time what i will be having) so no longer tempted to have something i had not planned for *S*
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Since joining mfp and exercising my life has drastically changed, mainly for good but there are some weird habits i have developed. now i seem to be doing some pretty random things out of the blue including but not limited to:

1.counting other peoples calories when they eat. now this is usually in my head and not out loud to them (that would be annoying)
    2. doing pullups at work. i work at the railroad on locomotives, so this usually happens in the locomotive cab
    3. doing p90x stretches anytime i have to stretch i cant just bend over anymore i have to do the whole swandive thing
    4. zig zag knee... turbofire people know what i'm talking about, if i'm not doing it i'm saying it
    5.various punch and or kick sequences, thanks to turbofire and p90x kenpo
    6. singing "daisy dukes", "push it" etc. again thanks to turbofire
    7. making muscle poses in mirror on regular basis.

there are more but i cant think of all, but i know i'm not the only one that has developed strange tendencies so please share lol

This made me giggle out loud and others looked at me and caught the giggle! Thanks!

I find myself checking my posture more.. I also find that I am aware of my body.. Today, I am very sore and I LOVE IT!
    Oh, and I smile a lot more too.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Deciding a week in advance if I can eat that one bad thing on Saturday if I just eat 200 cals lower today...
  • elifefull
    elifefull Posts: 46
    Options
    I go to bed at night thinking about what healthy breakfast im going to eat the next day..........and when im out I look at the unhealthy food on other peoples plates and think why are you eating that.......in my head. LOL
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i defitnitely count other people calories!! sometimes my boyfriend is like do i want to eat this or this?? and i'm like that's 1000 calories and this one is 250.. now pick LOLLL it's like i have an MFP calculator in my brain now.

when i need to pick something up i dont just bend over, i full squat and hold. i try to do a exercise move in everything i do now, when i sweep, i do twists, or reach high for something, i work my calves lol it's funny :)

i feel bad for this one because i used to be one of them... but when i go to the food court at work, and see the same people day after day walking with their greasy captain D's, or chic-fil- a bags, and NON- LIIGHT mayo packet, fries, huge coke - FOR BREAKFAST!.. i shake my head and think to myself... "and you wonder why your tired and panting just to get to the elevator.." it really motivates me to get the healthiest food possibl though.

i sometimes catch myself see a certain restaurant and begin to think.. "hey i haven't been there in a while.." then i realize it's because there's usually nothing healthy for me, or i know i will eat bad.. happened the other day with starbucks..
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i no longer read restaurant menus *L* (i usually only go to ones now that have online nutrtional info so i can decided ahead of time what i will be having) so no longer tempted to have something i had not planned for *S*

SAME HERE!! menus are a disaster in disguise for me..
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options

when i need to pick something up i dont just bend over, i full squat and hold. i try to do a exercise move in everything i do now, when i sweep, i do twists, or reach high for something, i work my calves lol it's funny :)

yea i might end up doing that too lol
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I do butt squeezes and squats while i brush my teeth!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    I've been known to do plies or squats while making dinner or cleaning up :laugh:
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I eat out of measuring cups cuz there's no point in dirtying a dish too.

Once, I wore my HRM during u know what lol (375 calories. Shhh!!)

I'll find random errands to run so I won't have to worry about eating out of boredom.

I make the kids at work play cool stuff with me like kickball or dodgeball so it looks cool on MFP :)

I get really excited about farmers markets. Like, really excited...

I use crest whitening strips to stop me from late night snacking.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    - I count other people's calories too.
    - I also research a restaurant before going there, that way I know what I want before we go so I'm not trying to think about how many calories things have.
    - I read lables before I eat ANYTHING new
    - I have coined the phrase "I don't need it" at home so my fiance knows that yes, I may want it, but there is no way I am going to eat it
    - I think about what exercises to do and what food that would be equivalent to
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    My "binge cravings" send me straight to the produce aisle when I go to Costco or Albertsons, as opposed to heading straight for the pastry section.

I also do dips when I load up the shopping cart now that my weight won't produce the cart to perform a wheelie, close to injuring women, children, and the elderly.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I eat out of measuring cups cuz there's no point in dirtying a dish too.

Once, I wore my HRM during u know what lol (375 calories. Shhh!!)

I'll find random errands to run so I won't have to worry about eating out of boredom.

I make the kids at work play cool stuff with me like kickball or dodgeball so it looks cool on MFP :)

I get really excited about farmers markets. Like, really excited...

I use crest whitening strips to stop me from late night snacking.

I eat from measuring cups too. And DH tried to get me to use my HRM the other night during you know what lol.

Thanks for the idea about white strips to avoid eating at night.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Obsessively weighing myself MANY times a day!