Does anyone have a healthy cheeseburger recipie?

Options
2»

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I myself like to use ground pork instead of beef not because I like it more but it is less fat and cost less as well. I mix in some good montreal steak spice and it comes out tasting just like a beef burger but one I can feel good aboit eating. You can also add other things such as harrissa , horseradish or even old fashionned mustard to spice things up a bit :)
    This sounds very interesting. I will definitely have to try it sometime.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    K just a thought for the burger. I can not give you my whole secret since everyone wants to know whats in a joe burger. =0)

Anyways buy ground chuck or lean burger..not patties. Then I add my cheese into the burger like goat cheese or feta or even blue cheese if you want mix this up really good then make your patties out of it. You get your gourmet cheese burger while having a healthy low fat cheese inside.

Hope this helps...

P.S One hint... Think meatloaf when making your burgers. They are super yummy that way.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    I had lunch...but goodness all this talk about hamburgers is making me hungry... :ohwell:
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to mix lean ground beef with sauteed veggies (onions, mushrooms, carrots) It helps bulk up the burger, adds good flavor and cuts back the red meat your eating. Another trick is to stuff the burger with some laughing cow cheese. It is super creamy and they have lots of yummy flavors. Whole Foods also sells a really tasty sprouted whole wheat bun. Super Yummy. Hope you enjoy your burger fix!
  • Pearcecat
    Pearcecat Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm making burgers tonight because my friend is visiting. I dice an onion and sweat it in a pan with some paprika. When it's cool, I mix it in with some extra lean beef mince and shape in to skinny pattys and put them in the fridge. I cook them in the oven and halfway through, drain the fat from the baking tray. I like them in a ciabatta bun with lettuce, red onion, cherry tomatoes and a slice of low fat cheddar (the stronger the cheddar taste, the better!). Yumm...can't wait!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite burger is a blue cheese stuffed burger. I use lean ground beef (93/7) making 2 thin hamburger patties, and on top of one of the patties, I put 1/4 cup of crumbled reduced fat blue cheese) then you put the other thin pattie on top and squeeze the edges together and grill. The blue cheese melts inside and it is delicious. I will sometimes top it with grilled onions. Usually I just eat it on a bed of romaine lettuce and tomato, but your could use a whole wheat bun and it would be yummy!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I use extra lean ground beef and grill it. Top with mustard, ketchup, onions, tomato and pickles and wrap it all in a couple lettuce leaves. No bun needed.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Substitute ground turkey for beef, add a lot of minced veggies, like onions, celery, green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, season well. When I ate burgers, I loved it w BBQ sauce. IOW, it still tastes like a splurge. I'd also recommend substituting traditional potato fries with sweet potato fries baked in the oven.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Try a mix of pork and beef mince,add some blitzed onions ,sometime I put a babybel or cheese triangle in the middle of the burger ,not to keen on burger buns but a wholemeal pitta is nice or sometime a large lettuce leaf with cucumber ,tomatoes and the burger on top then wrap it up with the lettuce lovely and crispy :) Having burgers tomorrow after all this lol
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    We do turkey bugers on honey wheat bread (lightly toasted) with 2% low fat swiss cheese. they are delicious!