Fish Oil Supplement

Options
Does anyone take fish oil supplements? If so why do you take them and do you think they have helped any?

Replies

• MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Yes and YES definitely! I take Carlson's Super Omega-3 but I heard that Krill Oil is even better (alot more expensive)
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I've tried taking Fish Oil in the past, and I started losing handfulls of hair in the shower. I eat a lot of fish though, so I may have been getting too many Omega 3s with the supplements. I think getting adequate amounts of Omega 3s definitely helps with weight loss. Try it out and see how it works for you!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil- it helps with several things (google it). I use it to knock back the aging process and for memory. I work way too much and I cant remember if I am on foot or horseback most days. I definately noticed an improvement in both areas.
  • schlubba
    schlubba Posts: 26
    Options
    I take them, it is supposed to help clear the bad cholesterol in your body I believe. I haven't done much research on them yet as I keep forgetting to, but my wife the health nut tells me take em. I don't know if it helps or not, but when I went to the doctor, they were surprised at my cholesterol levels for how fat a guy I am and I had good blood pressure to boot :)

I say what's it goin to hurt if you do take them?

Just remember not to take them before a workout or before eating spicy foods as the burps sure tastes gross!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I do...started about a month ago. I know they have very positive effects on the heart, but I became interested for the effects on joint inflammation. Since I have been using it I have felt positive results. Everything else is "gravy" and that's GOOD! Make SURE you choose Fish Oil that is Omega-3 EPA and/or DHP, I use 1200mg total per day. I use Puritan's Pride vitamins (Order Online) for quality and Price. Fish Oil (and other Supplements) can be costly. Take on an empty stomach.
  • jd1274
    jd1274 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's the fish oil supplement or not, but I do feel as if they are helping as well. I have noticed a considerable change in my knee & ankle joints as compared to when I wasn't taking them and exercising. Krill Oil is better, but more expensive as Mary was saying. Do a little research and see which product / brand / dosage would best suit your needs. In all, I do feel they have helped me. Good luck . . . .